News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1939 EK1 Flea market find

This morning I've been to a fleamarked in Heidelberg....the first good EK since a few years!A worn,but still good Alois Rettenmaier L/59 with the additional marking"S" and a "rhomb" under the pin. This one has got a similar pin to the "26" B.H.Meyer,something that I have seen only at the "S" marked pieces.

Absolute right,Joe-L/59 is Alois Rettenmaier. The"square".....hmm,realy hard to tell-When I'm back home I will try to make some really big scans of the "square" markings.Maybe we have luck and the stampings where made with the same tool.....

Micha

Hi Rick,what makes you think the marking could be not authentic? There are just two EKs where you can find them-these special 1914 EK variation with a"unique" core-and the EKs from Alois Rettenmaier.....

Micha

Ups......my ability in understanding foreign languages :cheers: I should improve my english-by the way,have you got some pictures with these fake markings?It could be interesting to compare them with the EK markings.

Micha

Hi Motorhead,

An excellent find! :D:cheers: Wish I "had" flea markets where I am. They do on the other hand tend to have a ton of estate sales where quite often "finds" pop up and can be had for a song. Folks out here have farmsteads and even family homes that go back to the late 1800's and seems each generation pack rats away "everything"! Then somewhere along the way, especially when someone dies and they need to get rid of everything they have one of these (if not several) huge sales and stuff just shows up that you would not believe and for prices from "back in the day" or even earlier.

Anyhow terrific piece. You are indeed a lucky man! Congratulations! May you find many, many more! :D:cheers:

Dan

Beautiful crosses, Micha, and may I also comment that the pin, hinge, & clasp configuration resembles those utilized on Otto Schickle manufactured crosses. Many unmarked crosses I have looked at, and thought were unmarked Schickles, have later turned out to be unmarked Rettenmaier's or Meyer's. . . Edited by Bill Garvy