News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Patriotic War

Guest Darrell

As I am on a Pat War frenzy...his is a Type 1 variation 3...as it does not have a pin back and the hanger is different from Variation 1 but the same as variation 2 but without variation 2's pinback.......

Right, now that I have totally confused you............enjoy this great medal...and to think I was miffed when I had to pay 300 dollars for this...I would crawl to the seller to pay this price now!

Chris

The reason why these medals are relatively inexpensive is that 350,000 1st class were awarded....

but these hangers are much harder to find...the highest number observed in P.D's book is 22,529 and the lowest 6,607 for a Variation 3...

this number is nice and low and definitely awarded for more than making good tea for the boss.

Chris

Guest Rick Research

I hope so-- I have a researched 2nd Class and SELLING teakettles was involved! ohmy.giflaugh.gif

Can you read the unit stamp on Vyali's Victory Over Germany medal document? I can't make it out from your scan. That's the only "clue" as to what he was a Guards Major IN-- he got no long service MMM, Red Star etc apparently, so all that rank, and only served during the war, it looks like.

I still think you should get your siege of Leningrad Baltic Fleet emergency rescue unit Lenin group done next/first. cheers.gif

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

A pic sent to me by a dealer I've made some purchases from (Zozlo) who felt ya'll might be intro'd in seeing it. I've posted it elsewhere in the Soviet forum but think it fits here as well:

Just can't get enough of those OGPW's!!!! :jumping::love:

Dan :cheers:

Guest Rick Research

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww that's NASTY! :speechless1:

OK, so the Federation claims they own every Red Star etc etc etc ever made...

how do they let the loonie tunes get away with making FRAUDULENT "bestowals" of REAL awards? This is not in the same category as their imaginary invented Stalin Orders and 90th Anniversary of the Cheka type kitsch-- that's what would be a FORGERY if it was currency.

Yep, nasty indeed. ;)

OK, so the Federation claims they own every Red Star etc etc etc ever made...

I don't think they claim they own every Soviet award... They just prohibited the buying and selling of them (in the Federation). If you have a document or Ukaz or whatever that proofs otherwise, please show it to us.

how do they let the loonie tunes get away with making FRAUDULENT "bestowals" of REAL awards?

I've read that in June 2002 it became forbidden to produce any more replica Soviet awards and Umalatova awards. And yet there are several Umalatova awards from after this date. :unsure:

On another forum, Alexei Merezhko wrote:

"Here's THE most interesting part - none of the Soviet awards issued by Umalatova, were made at the mint or purchased from Gohran. Each one of them was special ordered at the same factory, that produces those fantasy medals, and Umalatova charges the recipients 20 Roubles - 250 USD "to offset production costs". Ironicaly this was one of the factors that got her in trouble with the law - she was accused of "collaborating with fake producers". HSL and HSU stars were described as made of "Samovar gold" (something that shines, but is not gold) and "cheap gold alloy". Order of Lenin was described as "cheap jewlery". At the same time I have seen an original mint production Red Star with very high serial number and Umalatova issue document, but apparently this number was just entered by somebody in the blanc Umalatova card."