News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What medals have we here?   I'd guess:

1.1889 St George Jubilee medal; 

2. Luitpold 1909 70-year Jubilee medal with crown

3. Long service medal

6'

8. Austrian Signum Laudis

Rupprecht_von_Bayern.jpg

Edited by filfoster

This might help

crown-prince-rupprecht-of-bavaria-1911-C469HF.jpg

1897_Diamond_Jubilee_Medal_obv_250px.jpg

Sweden Oscar Jubilee copy.JPG

The last two, both pop up quite regularly in "Royal Circles"

British Queen Victoria Diamond Jubilee medal (Inner, inner, inner circles of royalty got it in gold I believe, sometimes with an "1897" clasp)

Swedish Oscar Jubilee medal  (For Royalty in his case)

Edited by Alex K

The bar is very typical for a peace time German/Bavarian Royal... a lot of jubilee medals! To those already mentioned, I can add #4 is the German Südwestafrika-Denkmünze in Stahl, #5 is the Prussian Medaille zur Erinnerung an des Hochseligen Kaisers und Königs Wilhelm I., des Großen, Majestät, the so called "1897 Centenary Medal", and #6 is the Austrian-Hungarian Jubiläumskreuz from 1908. I could only find a really, really bad (and sad!) picture of this medal bar in a damaged vitrine after the 2005 theft in Schloß Hohenschwangau...

Schloss Hohenschwangau, Vitrinen nach Einbruch und Ordensraub  b.jpg

2 hours ago, saschaw said:

The bar is very typical for a peace time German/Bavarian Royal... a lot of jubilee medals! To those already mentioned, I can add #4 is the German Südwestafrika-Denkmünze in Stahl, #5 is the Prussian Medaille zur Erinnerung an des Hochseligen Kaisers und Königs Wilhelm I., des Großen, Majestät, the so called "1897 Centenary Medal", and #6 is the Austrian-Hungarian Jubiläumskreuz from 1908. I could only find a really, really bad (and sad!) picture of this medal bar in a damaged vitrine after the 2005 theft in Schloß Hohenschwangau...

Schloss Hohenschwangau, Vitrinen nach Einbruch und Ordensraub  b.jpg

979728233_QQ20190827173211.jpg.9c14ed76788614b1a08d1a571323b840.jpg

Was this stolen from the home of Crown Prince Ruprecht?

10 hours ago, 1812 Overture said:

Was this stolen from the home of Crown Prince Ruprecht?

The theft took place at Schloß Hohenschwangau (near Schloß Neuschwanstein), but, as can be seen in the picture, this medal bar was still there after to theft, which means it was not stolen. Many other pieces were stolen, however, but I think all or at least most of them, luckily, found their way back to the museum.

On 27/08/2019 at 21:54, saschaw said:

The theft took place at Schloß Hohenschwangau (near Schloß Neuschwanstein), but, as can be seen in the picture, this medal bar was still there after to theft, which means it was not stolen. Many other pieces were stolen, however, but I think all or at least most of them, luckily, found their way back to the museum.

I once read they got back around the half of the 106 stolen ones.