News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ok ... who started me on these things?

Guest Darrell

• Replies 65
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Darrell

Yeah Darrell... What's your secret? :P

Doc

Well ... I must say he loves to taunt me with these goodies. He labelled the above two files as DROOL1.jpg and DROOL2.jpg.

He is very cruel when it comes to teasing me .. I will say that :rolleyes:

Guest Rick Research

Ooooooo, I wish you had a SCANNER!!!!!

I cannot read the stamp-- "Higher SOMETHING."

Can we get a concensus on what his NAME is to go onwards-- Boris Nikolaevich is no problem, but last name Ushinsky? Uminsky? Utinsky? Chminsky? Chtinsky?

Also would like to zoooooom in on photo--

book refers to him as Polkovnik-- COLONEL, yet tabs show a MAJOR-- 2 bricks for rank, not the three of 1938.

The fading on the book from being pressed around the photo, the vestigal stamp lines on the photo... all say to me this is a perfectly good award Book--

but I wonder if I am seeing the original style 1938 Medal "off camera right," meaning this may be a LATER book, with him having received it and wearing it, and yet the photo at a lower rank than when the newer Book was filled in with his ? circa 1940 rank.

I didn't find anuthing on Steen Ammentorp's Generals website-- I suppose he could have been killed (or shot) in 1941 and never made General during the war.

I assume this is the seller's imagery? Can you get in closer and better focussed when it arrives? I think this one could be VERY interesting if deciphered!

Guest Rick Research

This is the "Look Comrade, I Survived The Great Purge" Medal. Officially referred to as the 1938 "Jubilee" of the Workers And Peasants Red Army Medal, it is actually for continuous service since 1918 (with some cheating for other categories of recipients). About 37,000 or so awarded.

Guest Darrell

I assume this is the seller's imagery? Can you get in closer and better focussed when it arrives? I think this one could be VERY interesting if deciphered!

Rick, yes they are his. I am hoping to receive some closer pics of the medal itself (obv and rev). I can maybe ask if he knows answers to your questions :cheers:

Guest Darrell

Some of us have a natural immunity to this deadly affliction... ;)

I do believe Bob has some other affilictions ... a Imperial Medal Bar here and there :P

You know, my advice... Were it me, I would wait and save my money a bit more to buy one with the original suspension with numbered screw nut. As this is, you don't know if the dealer (or someone else) added the medal to the document. I think it's worth it for the extra money to buy everything matching.

Dave

Guest Darrell

You know, my advice... Were it me, I would wait and save my money a bit more to buy one with the original suspension with numbered screw nut. As this is, you don't know if the dealer (or someone else) added the medal to the document. I think it's worth it for the extra money to buy everything matching.

Dave

Hi Dave. Appreciate your thoughts. Everything you say is true. Only thing, I dont see these guys come around often with award booklets. Like any medal that has no serial number, mix and matches can (and have) happened. I trust the source as I'm sure most here do as well.

I would take his word that this pair belongs together :beer:

Gentlemen,

I am the person selling this medal and document, so let me try to answer some of your questions.

As with any T2 RKKA medal there is absolutely no guarantee that this medal indeed goes with this particular document.

The person's name is Colonel Ushinsky, Boris Nikolaevitch. The stamp is from "Vistrel" Courses. Indeed he never made a General, apparently because he was an ex-Czarist officer. During the WII he commanded the 265th Infantry Division for a brief period (looks like one day only) in June 1942, and again in 1942-1944.

Some additional information about him could be found:

http://samsv.narod.ru/Div/Sd/sd265/main.html

http://www.iremember.ru/medics/samohvalova...ohvalova1_r.htm

http://www.duel.ru/200432/?32_6_2

http://avia.lib.ru/bibl/1036/01.html

Hope this helps,

Alexei

Guest Darrell

Well guys ... Alexei was kind enough to sell this group. I should receive it in the next week to 10 days. At that time I can post some closer pics for Rick to drool over ;):beer: