News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Identifying the original wearer of a “Leiber” Officer spiked helmet

Dear forumites

I would like to show you a “Leiber” (K.B. Inf. Leib-Regt) Officer spiked helmet, purchased some years ago, with a crowned chypher “P” (Herzog/ducal crown https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herzogskrone or Landgraf/count crown  https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landgrafenkrone https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/

fullsizeoutput_1d80.thumb.jpeg.6c1ffef6033f31d175e4da4b1be12f92.jpeg

Can the original wearer of this spiked helmet be researched?

I guess there weren’t many officers with such high aristocratic title in that regiment... I noticed some notable aristocratic names beginning with P in that regiment, but I’m not so sure.

Thank you in advance for your valuable comments and inputs.

Best regards,

Claudio

fullsizeoutput_1d78.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1d7c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1d7e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1d7d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1d7b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1d7a.jpeg

Edited by Claudio
    Re-formatting pictures

• 2 weeks later...

For this helmet I though one of the von Prankh (Adelgeschlecht) could have pre-owned and worn this helmet. I noticed that a couple of them (see Bavarian branch of their family) served in the Leib-Regiment.  The crown look like the one of a Landgraf or or Graf... 

What do you think?

Claudio

5 hours ago, David M said:

I do think it is much rather a Fürstenkrone

At first I also thought this, but to me it seemed a too high nobility grade for such helmet... I haven’t found any Fürsten  in the Leib-Regiment. Could this helmet also be for cavalry? 

9 hours ago, Claudio said:

At first I also thought this, but to me it seemed a too high nobility grade for such helmet... I haven’t found any Fürsten  in the Leib-Regiment. Could this helmet also be for cavalry? 

Could be ,either of Heavy Cavalry or Chevaulegers 

Once existed into the Wittelsbachs one Duke Pius  1786 - 1837 . Pius August In Bayern ,father of Maximilian Joseph in Bayern who was the father of Empress Sissi of Austria . Ferdinand Pius of Bourbon 1869 -1960 , Duke of Calabria married a daughter of King Ludwig , Maria Theresa  in 1897 and served in the Bavarian Army ,as Artillery officer .until the WW1