News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

One Lucky Lady! A Nice but Quickly Earned Labor Group!

As some of you know, I'm a sucker for labor groups and when this one was offered for sale by a fellow forum member, I just had to have it... So, now in it's new home... A very impressive group to a lady who earned them all within a ten year period! Must have had more than a few good days at work!!!

Dave

Thanks for looking... From the similar handwriting, it looks like some of these were all awarded while the same folks were working the same jobs! I'm guessing that she probably retired after the Lenin. After all, the next step would have been the HSL... That would have been mighty nice for the collection! :jumping:

Dave

Guest Rick Research

Wowee...

if ever there was a civil group that cried out for research!!!!!!!!

May we live long enough to see that day!!!!! :beer:

Guest Darrell

Yes ... an outstanding Group Dave ! Congrats. If you find any more information on the Research let us know :cheers:

Guys-

Thanks for the comments! I've already requested research on it, though he's had very little luck with the more "modern" groups like this (my HSL "plus two" Lenin group came back as a dead end) but it's always worth a shot... In 15 years of collecting Soviet awards, I've encountered less than ten legit groups with the October Revolution, despite the number issued. (I do know of several that aren't "legit" that have the October Revolution, but...) So, with all things considered, I just had to have it in my collection! I'm very curious what she would have done... I'm imagining that she was probably the Director of some sort of successful industry. The ladies I worked with at RIA commonly had the Badge of Honor (sometimes several) and one or two RBLs, but I think THEIR bosses often had a Lenin tossed in with the mix. Rather interesting!

Dave

Guest Rick Research

October Revolutions are strange things, so you never know. Most having been issued as single entries in their own Orders Books doesn't help trying to figure out groups, either. But I'd say a 1976 Lenin really really really meant something, and not just press release propaganda.

From what I've got in my ever ongoing serials/dates list, there seems to have been a mini spike of about 15,000 Lenins in the last 3 months of 1976...

an anomalous "hiccup" in a decade 1972-81 that only saw about 50,000 for all ten years.

Hi David. It's interesting that other than the OR & Lenin, these all have individual books as opposed to the "running tally" we often see. Very nice & very impressive group. I don't think I've seen more than a handful of October Revolutions with booklets despite my hours on end of looking around! Congratulations!

October Revolutions are strange things, so you never know. Most having been issued as single entries in their own Orders Books doesn't help trying to figure out groups, either. But I'd say a 1976 Lenin really really really meant something, and not just press release propaganda.

From what I've got in my ever ongoing serials/dates list, there seems to have been a mini spike of about 15,000 Lenins in the last 3 months of 1976...

an anomalous "hiccup" in a decade 1972-81 that only saw about 50,000 for all ten years.

What's interesting is that three of the five awards were all awarded in December... It makes me wonder if that was her anniversary of employment or something like that. Also, a 24 December Lenin makes me think that it was a "group" award - kind of like the British awardings on New Years and the Kings/Queens birthdays... Quite interesting... Guess we just get to wait till the research comes back to find out what we can!

Dave

In 15 years of collecting Soviet awards, I've encountered less than ten legit groups with the October Revolution, despite the number issued. (I do know of several that aren't "legit" that have the October Revolution, but...) Dave

Dave,

what do you think about this one?:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2771

:unsure:

Edited by Gerd Becker