News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Spent ten years looking for this!! And finally.....

1 hour ago, BlackcowboyBS said:

Now, this is what I call a great cliffhanger, we all are curious now to get to know what you are waiting for since ten years. 

But you may find strength in the wise words of Buddha Noir: If ten years you wait, what a difference ten hours make? 

Ahhhh... but Buddha was not at the mercy of DP!

I am of the firm belief if you mention something before it arrives, the DP will lose it!

2 hours ago, Chris Boonzaier said:

I get a feeling it may be waiting for me when I get home today!!!

I fully understand the excitement and anticipation, but that is no way to talk about your wife ..... ?

Edited by GdC26

12 minutes ago, GdC26 said:

I fully understand the excitement and anticipation, but that is no way to talk about your wife ..... ?

She is used to it by now... no sexy underwear compares to a 105 year old pair of Gamaschen!! Buuuut... here it is... maybe not even the most impressive find of the month... but it took 10 years to find them... they are not even 100% matching, but did belong to one man, an Uffz. decorated with the EK1, but did not get the Leiberring for some reason, I have to check his files... He was Leib Regiment in WW1, then Freikorps, then a LW officer in WW2 ....straps.thumb.jpg.b676736d8a8ef602e1e44e59a2cff4c1.jpg

3 hours ago, Chris Boonzaier said:

She is used to it by now... no sexy underwear compares to a 105 year old pair of Gamaschen!! Buuuut... here it is... maybe not even the most impressive find of the month... but it took 10 years to find them... they are not even 100% matching, but did belong to one man, an Uffz. decorated with the EK1, but did not get the Leiberring for some reason, I have to check his files... He was Leib Regiment in WW1, then Freikorps, then a LW officer in WW2 ....straps.thumb.jpg.b676736d8a8ef602e1e44e59a2cff4c1.jpg

Conrats Chris, well worth the wait ?

Congratulations on this, I think you might be a happy collector for this moment, before the need for the next thing kicked in. We all knew this! 

I have to admit that I would passed by these pieces, if seeing them on a flee market, but always nice to learn new stuff here in this forum. 

6 minutes ago, BlackcowboyBS said:

Congratulations on this, I think you might be a happy collector for this moment, before the need for the next thing kicked in. We all knew this! 

I have to admit that I would passed by these pieces, if seeing them on a flee market, but always nice to learn new stuff here in this forum. 

That is it in a nutshell... I can look at 100 pairs of straps and 2 will be relevant for me... fact is, if you even see 1 or 2 pairs of fieldgrey straps a week on all sale platforms you are doing well... but to se one of the 3-4 you are really after only happens every few years... and it took me 10 years to find this regiment ?

21 minutes ago, Chris Boonzaier said:

That is it in a nutshell... I can look at 100 pairs of straps and 2 will be relevant for me... fact is, if you even see 1 or 2 pairs of fieldgrey straps a week on all sale platforms you are doing well... but to se one of the 3-4 you are really after only happens every few years... and it took me 10 years to find this regiment ?

The though part of course is to stay focussed in the period in-between and safe your pennies for that one piece you really want ..... ? As Stefan says, we all struggle with that. ....

But these straps go to the heart of your collection, so well done, your patience has paid off ....

Cheers, 

Sandro

Edited by GdC26