News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Prinzregent Luitpold-medaille in bronze

Dear fellow collectors,

I received this bar last week and I have a strange feeling with the Prinzregent Luitpold-medaille at the end. The ring wasn't tucked in (which I did, for appearances' sake) and given the fact that it looks polished and unworn I wondered if any of the collectors here would be willing to give their opinion on the piece? I know there were several versions of this medal with differerent monetary values so a small switcheroo wouldn't surprise me.

Kind regards and thanks in advance, Laurentius

Ps. The picture of the backside of the medal was too large to upload, I'll take more pictures tomorrow.

20211008_170209.jpg

The stripes on the sides appear to be white but, may just be a faded green.  That is one of 2 possible ribbons for this medal but, is also correct for the Army Jubilee Medal, which is very similar.  The bronze medal with crown and dates also used the same ribbon but, that would probably mount much higher on the bar.

Edited by Beau Newman
    Spelling error

18 hours ago, laurentius said:

Dear fellow collectors,

I received this bar last week and I have a strange feeling with the Prinzregent Luitpold-medaille at the end. The ring wasn't tucked in (which I did, for appearances' sake) and given the fact that it looks polished and unworn I wondered if any of the collectors here would be willing to give their opinion on the piece? I know there were several versions of this medal with differerent monetary values so a small switcheroo wouldn't surprise me.

Kind regards and thanks in advance, Laurentius

Ps. The picture of the backside of the medal was too large to upload, I'll take more pictures tomorrow.

20211008_170209.jpg

Hello Laurentius,

The Prinzregent Luitpold Medal is a "Spangenstück" and not an officially commissioned/awarded piece.

Best regards,

Here is the promised picture of the backside. If @Schießplatzmeister is correct it is a spangenstück, which I don't mind. I have a feeling that the Prinzregent Luitpold-medaille doesn't belong here but I don't think it was a volkspflege, the white edges are too thin for that. I have a feeling we're looking at Lippe or perhaps something Ottoman. Thanks for your replies.

Kind regards, Laurentius

20211010_165311.jpg

Servus, it was in my collection for a very long time. 
    Then I sold it a few years ago
    The Luitpold medal is, as already written, a "Spangenexemmplar". 
    The bar came into my collection as it is. It is possible, that 
    the Luitpold medal had fallen off and a clasp was attached. 
    With the ribbons there are always colors that do not match the 
    original colors 100%. 

Even so, this buckle is fitting in my eyes.

Edited by waldo

• 9 months later...
    On 10/10/2021 at 17:06, laurentius said:

I have a feeling that the Prinzregent Luitpold-medaille doesn't belong here but I don't think it was a volkspflege, the white edges are too thin for that. I have a feeling we're looking at Lippe or perhaps something Ottoman.

I have to disagree here and hope nothing has been altered?! Echoing what waldo and Schießplatzmeister already said, neither is a little discoloration unusual, nor is the use of a private purchase "Schnallenstück".

The Prinzregent-Luitpold-Medaille am Bande der Jubiläumsmedaillle is not only the second most common of all these medals with the Prinzregent's portrait, but it's also one of the two more likely medals for this ribbon in this combination. There's nothing indicating a "switcheroo" in my eyes... don't worry!

Edited by saschaw