News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Prussian EK 2 in case

19 minutes ago, VtwinVince said:

Not the usual sort of case I would expect for an EK2. These normally didn't open from the side, didn't have a facsimile on the lid and usually have an inlet in the bed for the cross. And the colours, both inside and outside, are strange.

Exactly those were my thoughts too

Regards

v.Perlet

The more I look at case it has a pad on interior lid to hold cross in place and recessed at top where ribbon would hit .Kind of different set up ?  
    I do believe a fitted insert is missing you can see ghosting of it .

mans case is black I think red background and flash makes it look reddish ?

Edited by scottplen

13 hours ago, scottplen said:

I figured private purchase piece ?

Well, they all are. There was no officially handed out case for 2nd class Iron Crosses in the "Great War", instead there are literally hundreds of different, privately purchased cases and boxes. Still, I have to agree with VtwinVince and v.Perlet: This one does not convince me as a contemporary made EK case. I think much more it's some sort of old box that was rather recently altered for (bogus) "collectors purposes". I'm sorry!

:(

By the way, this thread should be moved to the EK sub-forum that we have exclusively for Iron Cross related topics of all eras. Could maybe some moderator do the magic? Thank you!

14 hours ago, scottplen said:

The more I look at case it has a pad on interior lid to hold cross in place and recessed at top where ribbon would hit .Kind of different set up ?  
    I do believe a fitted insert is missing you can see ghosting of it .

mans case is black I think red background and flash makes it look reddish ?

Hello scottplan,

I do not have one of my EK casings available at were I presently reside. However any item in reference to an 1870 or 1914 EK known to me, e.g. a wooden-box, a metal casing, a commemorative ribbon, a wallet or stationary set, etc. - depicts an EK more or less very similar to what it actually looks like - something of honor, prestige and value.

And most likely not in the shape or appearance (sorry) of a Bundeswehr cross.

Please see the attachments in reference to my forwarding

Regards

v.Perlet

IMG_1443.jpg

DSC00865.JPG

Edited by v.Perlet

• 2 weeks later...