News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

New Ribbon Bar - looking for help interpreting a pair of Prussian decorations

Came home from a militaria / gun show yesterday with a new prize!

There are holes in the first (EK), fourth (Hindenburg Cross), and sixth (Long Service) place ribbons where devices used to be. I'm guessing that the first ribbon is just a standard EK1914 with a 1939 clasp, but I'm unsure of what the second ribbon represents.  Which of the Prussian decorations that share that ribbon would make sense in this context, without a device?  Also, does the Anhalt Friedrich Kreuz paired with the Prussian decorations and/or the China medal shed any light on who the original owner might have been?

IMG_0642.thumb.JPG.7b40292ce43109ac882d93b60c0c3e1f.JPG

IMG_0645.thumb.JPG.c8391404279473c51701928ef6fcb964.JPG

9 hours ago, dedehansen said:

Hi,

could have been Militärehrenzeichen 2. Klasse.

Kind regards

Andreas

Hi,

this one, and it is not from Zink it is Silber.

856655967_1Kopie.jpg.0ebe3140d26b77a241a1e79078099043.jpg

Kind regards

Andreas

Edited by dedehansen

Several posts have been removed because some members need to remember that this is a gentleman's forum and personal attacks are not gentlemanly.

Regarding the ribbon bar, though it is possible, I doubt the first ribbon has a hole for a Wiederholungsspange. It's possible a China veteran in his 60s might have gotten the clasp, but unlikely. Also, the hole is off-center compared to the holes on the FEK and DA ribbons. It's not a 100% either way; just my speculation.

The missing device on the final ribbon would likely be for a Police DA or a Treudienst-Ehrenzeichen for a civil servant.

I only know of one China veteran with the MEZ2 who also received the EK2 and AK, and cannot be ruled out because of other known awards, but there may be other candidates. There were hundreds of MEZ2 awards for China.

The one candidate I have so far is Hermann Haase, Polizei-Sergeant in Bernburg and in 1916 a Vizefeldwebel d.L. in Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 27, *28.04.1877 in Sandersleben, †10.10.1956 in Bad Hersfeld.

7 hours ago, Dave Danner said:

Regarding the ribbon bar, though it is possible, I doubt the first ribbon has a hole for a Wiederholungsspange. It's possible a China veteran in his 60s might have gotten the clasp, but unlikely. Also, the hole is off-center compared to the holes on the FEK and DA ribbons. It's not a 100% either way; just my speculation.

It didn't occur to me right away, but the miniature devices Nicolas7507 mentioned makes sense too.  It was really the lack of a device on the second ribbon that caught my eye, as I'm more used to something like an HHOX in that spot. 

For what it's worth, the backing is one of those sheet steel style with the pre-punched holes.  The first ribbon isn't lined up quite right for the hole to be centered.  It might have scooted over a little bit over time, but it looks like it was probably at least a little off center even when it was originally made.