News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Is it actually a ribbon? Seems more like some sort of fabric lying between the metal part and an actual (missing) ribbon? Try peeking under the other ribbons maybe it's there too.. 🤔

Edited by avadski

I am a bit late to this conversation, but I have been searchi8ng for a compatible ribbon that might fit the profile of the ribbon bar.  

Perhaps it is the 'Tiroler Landesverteidigungs - Jubileelaumsmedaille 1859 - 1909'   To me, when I look at the ribbons on the bar it makes sense, but I am no expert.

Ribbon.jpg

Hello!

I agree.

The first ones seem to be bravery medals (the 2nd one with repetition), the third one maybe "Karl-Truppen-Kreuz", the "Honour Cross of the World War"* , then "Commemorative medal of Hungary", then the "Officers service cross".

* All Germans who took part in a battle, combat or positional combat were considered front-line fighters. Later, the circle of those entitled to receive the Cross was also extended to include Austrians, the Saarland and annexed territories such as the Sudetenland and Memeland.

Judging by the fact that he has no Austrian or Hungarian commemorative medals of 1914-1918 in the presence of the Hindenburg Cross of Honor of 1934, but there is a medal of the land of Tyrol, the man distanced himself from Austria and Hungary. However, the Tyrolean medal, which became the state medal after the Anschluss, is worn by them. I will assume that this is Stirlitz, not a reserve officer, either a non-commissioned officer after 1908, or an officer from non-commissioned officers for military distinctions. The first two bars can be interpreted as medals for bravery, Iron Crosses of Merit - then a non-commissioned officer, or as Signum Laudis and medals for bravery - then an officer from non-commissioned officers for military distinctions. It's a little strange that he has a service ribbon after the Tyrolean commemorative medal. But definitely not a reserve officer and not a pre-war career officer.