News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Collecting Fever? 1k for a BMVmks

True, but they still haven’t been able to replicate the velvet base. The reproduction cases it’s too thick. Carsten Baldes brought my attention to this. Same with the fake Schaper cases and there’s loads of those on eBay!

• 1 month later...

A total of 1,091 awards of the Herzog Ernst Medal with clasp “1914” can be identified, almost a third of which were awarded to women and virgins.

At the same time, a crown was also donated with which the medal could be awarded “in cases of outstanding such merits”.

So I guess the crown is much more scare. 

https://woeschler-orden.de/katalog/archiv/sachsen-altenburg-herzog-ernst-medaille-mit-spange-1914-1er-ordensschnalle

Edited by Bernd_W

3 hours ago, Stogieman said:

Up to 910- Euro. I just don’t get it, what am I missing??

Herzog Ernst Medal with crown and 1914 clasp is quite rare. Only 8 awards according to Nimmergut (mentions in NI3 p.1518, no. 3699), or 58 awards according to Volle (in VWK p. 111, no. 19.4), Lundström and Krause (in SA22 p. 89 f.). None cased examples went for 700-1000 in auctions already 10+ years ago.

But! better photos are definitely needed in order to confirm if the ebay piece is legit or not, copies do exist, well maybe they're called 'spangestuck'.

https://www.kuenker.de/de/archiv/stueck/158896

Note the semi hollowed crown design on originals. 

image.thumb.png.89103f3be916f673d345ef8dcfe1deac.png

image.png.8056ee974aa8ea7f4231eca368dbcd61.png

The ebay piece

s-l1600(2).thumb.jpg.6807bf5430ce0e0b8173a0c5a3c2a82a.jpg

Edited by lew

Thanks Lew, appreciate the information and additional images. Makes more sense to me now, didn’t realize just how scarce this was. The eBay piece does look like a hollow crown but I agree the pictures leave much to be desired. Thanks for the help!

• 1 month later...