News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1 hour ago, Stogieman said:

Sold for 1059-Euro, not entirely sure about this bar, precedence isn’t correct and no photo of the entire reverse posted

IMG_2427.png

It looks like classic Belgium Fake to me, by comparing the ribbons.

On 22/09/2024 at 07:18, Stogieman said:

This rather interesting frack bar sold for 1200-Euro. 

IMG_2411.png

IMG_2412.png

Here is the link to the listing for the original group that was sold:

https://mkoegl.de/archiv/4558/6er-frack-ordensschnalle-eines-weltkriegsoffiziers-mit-sachsen-bayern-rotem-kreuz?c=39

My faith in humanity seems to diminish more each day! 🙁

8 hours ago, Stogieman said:

This snuck through German eBay at 1665-Euro. I’ve had these in the past and it’s a stunning order 

IMG_2436.png

IMG_2435.png

Sorry but that one is a fake.

Here is an original one sold on ebay, with enamel damaged.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/186682865694

image.thumb.png.122e5bc062de35af01f136cfaa340a71.png

Edited by lew

On 04/10/2024 at 16:38, Stogieman said:

Good Morning @lew, could you please explain what I’m missing on the cross I posted? Thanks!

Cold enamel, soft and missing details. Very dangerous fakes, several were sold even by auction house in recent years.

Thanks @lew, appreciate the help! Did you guys see the extensive group of orders that ran through US eBay yesterday? Many went for significant prices but at this point I’m a little leery of posting them. I feel like this new generation of fakes flooding the market has me bamboozled! There was an Albert Commander, a Third Class Red Eagle with Swords, a St. Michael’s First, etc.

I was closely watching those items Rick, and I posted several over at SDA for opinions. I found the sudden appearance of these from a seller with zero feedback strange, and some of the orders had strange characteristics, while others looked quite good. For instance, the Iron Halfmoon looked like a good Austrian piece, but the RAO was quite weird, with the eagle painting looking like Sedlazek but the cross apparently marked for Wilm, and that's not even mentioning the extremely weird oakleaves. And the St. Michael was supposed to be a first class in gold, but looked silver-gilt to me. Too many questions for me to feel comfortable spending that kind of money.

Yes, they brought very high prices. But the only one I was really interested in was the Albert, but at this point that order in

all grades has been so heavily faked I wouldn’t touch it. I’m also starting to see very high quality fakes of various grades of the Saxon Merit Order. 

I was watching as well. IMO the St.Michael, Iron Halfmoon, HoH, KO, 1870EK2 and SA are fine pieces.

RAO, Iron Crown and the Brunswick order might be some wearer's replacement pieces. 

It was listed as a Buy it Now for $875. He listed it as a miniature. It is a full sized hollow silver gilt Godet. Many of his auctions started off as Buy it Now and if I had had the funds I would've bought every one of them. Ebay can be a gold mine some days if you know what to look for.