News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Check if the seller have other document or something related to the soldier, quite often they broke up groupings and people usually pay more to reunite the lot.

I’ll never understand the splitting of groups! Thanks for confirming this information. I hope someone is able to reunite. I don’t recall ever seeing a Colonial document group before.

42 minutes ago, Stogieman said:

Does anyone know what the last three documents are. Couldn’t make them out 

I believe the first document is his entry in the Stammrollen or something like that. 

The last document seem to be his "criminal record" which states that he's not been commiting any crimes or atleast not been punished for any since it states "keine". 

34 minutes ago, JohanH said:

The last document seem to be his "criminal record" which states that he's not been commiting any crimes or atleast not been punished for any since it states "keine". 

It's just a certificate for his service time, see the mentioned Schutztruppen. It lists his unit, service time and how he behaved, you will find the similar information in his Militärpass.

A criminal record from the police, which you might need for working in some high secured areas, is something different. 

29 minutes ago, Stogieman said:

Well, that’s a shame! I’m morally opposed to splitting groups!!

Sellers on German eBay do it all the time. They have no morals. It's all about making the most money possible.

Collectively brought almost $1500 for the entire group with the FAM document reaching almost $980 on its’ own! I think that might be a new record high for this medal but I don’t recall ever seeing another Colonial FAM. I can’t see the bidders so I have no idea if the FAM winner took any of the other documents. Kind of glad I don’t have my toes in that pond!

Most smaller states, with rare award documents, seems to appeal to a smaller collectors' community only, often collectors from the area. For this reason, the prices stay lower.

But colonies are something much more thought after. Pictures and CDVs from there, are in the Freikorps pictures price range, which is also above the smaller states pictures price range.

And here both collection topics came together, colonies and something from the home area.