News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Anniversary of Soviet Cities

Thanks Guys.

Heres a ribbon bar with the Medal for the 800th Anniversary of Moscow.

If anybody can identify the bottom ribbon i would appriciate it.

Order of Victory

It's the Brotherhood In Arms decoration from Poland. Perhaps someone could pop up a pic of one.

Hope this helps. :cheers:

Dan :beer:

Brotherhood of Arms Medal

Established in 1963

Awarded for outstanding service in making a contribution to the growth, developement, efficiency and cooperation between the nations of the Warsaw Pact.

Type1 suspended by two oak leaves on each side with three ring chain and ring.

Type II is suspended by a ribbon bar with a pin on the back. The ribbon is red with three white stripes.

The medal is 39mm x 30mm

:beer: Doc

Hi all,

Here's my set of these beautiful and I think underappreciated medals.

First the Moscow. I've been told mine is an early and very good strike. The ribbon has the look of having been there and done that. If only these pieces could talk the stories they could tell. Also, the pics do not do this one justice. It has a beautiful and very colorful patina on it which I think definitely adds to it's appeal.

Without further ado... here she is:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

And finally, Kiev:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Oh, please ignore the price sticker on this one. This is one I got in one of those big trades way back when and I have nowhere near that in it. I just never took the sticker off.

Thanks for looking, :cheers:

Dan

Edited by Hauptman

Dan,

I really like that you have both variations of the Leningrad. I am missing the Leningrads from my collection. :jumping: Very nice!! :jumping:

Hi Doc,

Okay, here's my lack of McDaniel showing :unsure::blush: but here I thought I just had "two" Leningrads... didn't know there were two variations much less that I had them! :lol: What is the difference between the two?

See, learn something new about stuff every day. Since joining the club I've learned more about my collection than I have in twenty some odd years! :cheers:

Thanks! :beer:

Dan

Dan,

Variation 1 has the ring soldered seperatly.

Variation 2 has the ring stamped as part of the medal

Hi Doc,

Wow! And you can tell that from my lousy pics? :o:speechless1: You're GOOD! :jumping::jumping::cheers:

Mucho thanks! :cheers:

Dan

Guys...I made a mistake on the Leningrad medal. At first glance it looked like two variations. I was wrong. I checked my PMD and took a better look at the pics I was definately wrong. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Riley1965