News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Looking for WW1 German States Iron Cross Equivalents

I'm trying to put together a set of the German States Iron Cross Equivalents. Pictured is almost all of what I have, if anyone has anything for sale that I am missing (not quite ready to work on the enameled officer's awards yet) let me know. I also am in need of a WW1 period non-combatant ribbon for the Lippe-Detmold War Merit Cross and a WW1 period combatant ribbon for the Reuss Silver Military Merit Medal. Thanks.

20240727_154248.jpg

20240727_162510.jpg

20240727_162954.jpg

20240727_163112.jpg

20240727_162019.jpg

20240727_162202.jpg

11 hours ago, Alan said:

Hi John,

Let me know your email and I will send you through some pics of what I have.

Alan

holiegrail@hotmail.com

8 hours ago, Stogieman said:

Good Morning! Nice collection and I always love to see issue packets!

Thank you, I just wish I had bought from you while you were still on ebay but I was more focused in other areas at the time.

Great collection! 
    Are going to try and get all the grades/crown/sword versions of the BMVK? 
    Similarly, the Saxon FA medals? Württemberg verdienstmedailles? 
    Nevertheless, congrats on such a great collection! Best of luck! 

1 hour ago, VtwinVince said:

Thanks, these are fairly scarce, hence my interest. BTW it is actually an EK1 equivalent.

You're welcome. A friend of mine got it and showed it to me before he put it up for sale and I snagged it up.

50 minutes ago, 91-old-inf-reg said:

Great collection! 
    Are going to try and get all the grades/crown/sword versions of the BMVK? 
    Similarly, the Saxon FA medals? Württemberg verdienstmedailles? 
    Nevertheless, congrats on such a great collection! Best of luck! 

Yes, I'm going to attempt to put together as much as I can. 

• 4 weeks later...
    On 10/08/2024 at 10:58, VtwinVince said:

You can drop me a line with your wish list, as this was a rabbit hole I went down.

Thank you, it quickly does become quite the rabbit hole. lol What I'm looking for most at the moment is a Baden Silver Military Merit Medal (early war, not zinc), Braunschweig Ernst August Cross 2nd Class with Front Line Service Clasp, Oldenburg Friedrich August Cross 2nd Class with the "Vor dem Feinde" bar, Oldenburg Friedrich August Cross 1st Class, a WW1 period Reuss Silver Merit Medal ribbon, Schaumburg-Lippe Loyal Service Cross (1st and 2nd Class), Mecklenburg-Schwerin Military Merit Cross 2nd Class non-combat and 1st Class, Lippe-Detmold War Merit Cross 1st Class, Baverian Military Merit Cross 2nd Class both with and without Crown, Schwarzburg War Merit Medal, Anhalt Friedrich Cross for Military Merit with non-combantant ribbon and Anhalt Military Merit 1st Class Pretty much anything that I don't have (preferably of WW1 manufacture and WW1 era ribbons although Weimar era ribbons are ok. Any WW1 manufacture ribbons for all of the EK2 equivalents. Many times, I can find the medal but either with no ribbon or a 30s to modern replacement ribbon. I'm holding off a little bit for the pieces only awarded to officers unless it's just something I can't pass up.

Edited by John_Wheeler

Hi gents,

if you want to complete Lippe-Detmold´s IC2 equivalents, you also need to add the Lippe-Detmold war-merit medal with swords on the medal 🙂
    Soldiers who didn´t award the war merit cross yet, were able to award the war merit medal. The medal should have been returned after awarding the Lippe war merit cross.

Here are two examples (IC + war merit medal with swords) from my collection.

By the way, if you are still looking for a NC ribbon for the war merit cross, please et me know.
    I still should have some original NC ribbon left...

Lippe-4er Spange EK2-FEK-MVMmX-DA15-VS.jpg

Lippe-Spange-Lippe-EK2-MVM-Kyffh-Med-VS.jpg

On 10/09/2024 at 14:23, Solomon said:

Hi gents,

if you want to complete Lippe-Detmold´s IC2 equivalents, you also need to add the Lippe-Detmold war-merit medal with swords on the medal 🙂
    Soldiers who didn´t award the war merit cross yet, were able to award the war merit medal. The medal should have been returned after awarding the Lippe war merit cross.

Here are two examples (IC + war merit medal with swords) from my collection.

By the way, if you are still looking for a NC ribbon for the war merit cross, please et me know.
    I still should have some original NC ribbon left...

Lippe-4er Spange EK2-FEK-MVMmX-DA15-VS.jpg

Lippe-Spange-Lippe-EK2-MVM-Kyffh-Med-VS.jpg

Yes, I am still looking for original WW1 period non-combat ribbons. What do you have available?  Thanks,

John Wheeler

18 hours ago, John_Wheeler said:

Yes, I am still looking for original WW1 period non-combat ribbons. What do you have available?  Thanks,

John Wheeler

What do you need?
    I also have a complete roll of original NC-ribbon for the Lippe-Detmold war honour medal (smaller than the war merit cross) here.

BR

Roman

IMG_3374.jpg

On 10/08/2024 at 01:35, VtwinVince said:

Thanks, these are fairly scarce, hence my interest. BTW it is actually an EK1 equivalent.

Absolutely not! The cross was established as an award for participation in the WW!. That is why it bears 1914. The War appeared to be not that short as it had been expected to be. The cross became an auxiliary service award, EK equivalent was the merit medal with a year bar with crossed swords. The ephemera 1 class is the post war badge of SCG veteran organization made of remained stock of the suspended version,

Does any of the 1st classes has any reverse? Except its pin? Smallest and unimportant states only.  

The extensive catalogue online is here:

https://www.ehrenzeichen-orden.de/

Edited by Konstantin