News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Pic of General Otto-Wilhelm Förster

Gentlemen,

ok, it is a TR pic, but I post it here because the awards are Imperial. I got this prewar photo on ebay - without a name. His medal bar, however, clearly identifies the general to the right as "Hitler's Chief Pioneer", the builder of the West Wall,

General der Pioniere Otto-Wilhelm Förster (1885-1966)

General 20.4.1938

KC 23.8.1941

Notice also the rare Wilhelm-Ernst-Kriegskreuz.

Chris

F_rster4.jpg

Edited by webr55

Guest Rick Research

SUPERB photo! :jumping::beer: I assume the cord looping out of his pocket around his buttons there must be for a monocle?

I have never seen him before-- it is amazing how many VERY senior generals are not often photographed!

SUPERB photo! :jumping::beer: I assume the cord looping out of his pocket around his buttons there must be for a monocle?

Good idea, I hadn't thought of that!

Also, note how the two LS eagles on his bar are at different heights! Sloppiness?

BTW, I think I'll let this one go, as I don't collect photos.

Excellent Photo!

And some rarely seen awards on a bar!

I think the reason the Long service eagles are at t different height...is because of the size..if they were at the same height, they would clash and overlap which would look even more odd...

thanks for showing..

Cheers

Paul

Guest Rick Research

Yes, that's it. They are mounted tightly one against the other to reduce the width of the medal bar and the eagles would have had to go on at a "dive bomber" / / angle to fit next to each other. If he had spread out the awards wider it wouldn't have been a problem.

To illustrate what Rick said.

I feel a bit stupid to ask but what is the Second decoration after Iron Cross: a HHOX or a RAO3KrX? I can't really tell from the picture. The RAO would really strange and to me quite unlikely, since Gen. F?rster was during the war a mere junior officer.

Ciao,

Claudio

Edited by Claudio

To illustrate what Rick said.

I feel a bit stupid to ask but what is the Second decoration after Iron Cross: a HHOX or a RAO3KrX? I can't really tell from the picture. The RAO would really strange and to me quite unlikely, since Gen. F?rster was during the war a mere junior officer.

Ciao,

Claudio

Hi Claudio,

To my old eyes, the outer edges appear to be curved - I would bet on an HHOX.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

That's correct. The awards are:

EK2 1914, HHOX, Saxe-Weimar Order of the White Falcon 2nd classX, Saxe-Meiningen Merit Cross, Hamburg Hanseatic Cross, Hindenburg, LS 25+12

+ EK1 + Saxe-Weimar Wilhelm Ernst War Cross