News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Motherhood Medals

Guest Darrell

Guest Darrell

Guys,

What is THE correct designation for the Motherhood Medals 1st and 2nd Class?

In the RED BIBLE is says SILVER 2nd Class / Gold 1st Class.

On Alexei's site its SILVER 1st Class / Gold 2nd Class

On Collect Russia -- same as Alexei.

So ... who's correct? :unsure:

According to ALL books, except PMD's red Bible, it is Silver for the 1st class and Brass (sems like Gold) for the 2nd Class. I think PMD corrected this mistake in one of his online newsletters around 1997-1998.

Ch.

Guest Darrell

According to ALL books, except PMD's red Bible, it is Silver for the 1st class and Brass (sems like Gold) for the 2nd Class. I think PMD corrected this mistake in one of his online newsletters around 1997-1998.

Ch.

Yes ... Brass rather than Gold. Mistake.

• 4 months later...

Here's my newest addition to my Motherhood collection. It's the Motherhood Medal, 1st Class. I have all three classes of the Order of Maternal Glory. I still need the Mother Heroine and a 2nd Class Motherhood medal.

:beer: Doc

Edited by Riley1965

Funny - these are 2 medals I bought so long ago - more as a duty to complete the set Motherhood set I must admit!! I really do not know how I allocated them in my collection and look forward to going home tonight to check that out. They're the kind of medals I bought and just forget about. :blush:

I must however say that I think that the obverse of the Maternal glory set is ever so pretty and the Motherhood medals have something very tender about them! I hate to get sappy amongst gentlemen though!

Though I must say that my preference does of course lie with military vs motherhood awards, I think that a woman worthy of some of the maternal awards (especially the Mother Heroine title with 10 kids or more) would be one hell of a force to reckon with. I am surprised how the Russians never thought of putting a regiment of Mother Heroines up against the Tigers in Kursk!

A toast to all mothers! :cheers:

Jim

Yeah, nice medals. While my mommie group

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=7234

recipient didn't make it all teh way to hero, she seems to have had an exciting career.

Still have outstanding hopes and requests for research on her.

Ed,

That's what I call A Mommie group!! I hope that the research god brings you her records :P

• 3 months later...

Yes. According to Paul Schmitt himself his (and PMD's) only mistake/biggest regret was printing the First and Second class backwards. The "First Class Gold" is actually second class brass whereas the Silver grade is "First Class".

Here's my newest addition to my Motherhood collection. It's the Motherhood Medal, 1st Class. I have all three classes of the Order of Maternal Glory. I still need the Mother Heroine and a 2nd Class Motherhood medal.

Theme of parent awards very much greater. There it is a lot of versions. Documents on awards much differ. If who wishes to fill up a collection directly from Russia and is not afraid to risk with transfer - address to me. At me is a lot of prophetic on sale. From a medal of motherhood 2 classes up to mother-heroine.

Theme of parent awards very much greater. There it is a lot of versions. Documents on awards much differ. If who wishes to fill up a collection directly from Russia and is not afraid to risk with transfer - address to me. At me is a lot of prophetic on sale. From a medal of motherhood 2 classes up to mother-heroine.

Letiay

PM Sent

Order of Victory

Are the 'mirror reverse' variations to the 3 Maternal orders much rarer &/or collectable than the flat reverse?

Less common yes so of course more desirable although I am not sure what the difference in value translates to - if any! Not really into maternal awards and what I have are there as examples. I must however say that I think the maternal orders are indeed ever so sweet!!!

Jim

How much does the price translate into USD :unsure:

Order of Victory