News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Modest Warsaw-Berlin Group

Fewer posts these days, it seems like. Graduations and vacations, I suppose.

This is a modest group by some standards. Unless, of course, you actually had to do whatever it was that he did to earn these. Then it might not seem quite so modest.

The documents are weak. One is split. Two of the ribbons are likely replacements. Still, I like it.

Enjoy.

Edited by Chuck In Oregon

Fewer posts these days, it seems like. Graduations and vacations, I suppose.

This is a modest group by some standards. Unless, of course, you actually had to do whatever it was that he did to earn these. Then it might not seem quite so modest.

The documents are weak. One is split. Two of the ribbons are likely replacements. Still, I like it.

Enjoy.

Hi Chuck,

I don't know... I think it's a beautiful group with honest wear. It's been there and done that which are the best pieces IMHOP. :D:beer:

Let's put it this way... I'd love :love::love: to have a similar group.

Hopefully some day. :D

Great set! Are you going to research?

Dan :cheers:

Hi Chuck,

I don't know... I think it's a beautiful group with honest wear. It's been there and done that which are the best pieces IMHOP. :D:beer:

Let's put it this way... I'd love :love::love: to have a similar group.

Hopefully some day. :D

Great set! Are you going to research?

Dan :cheers:

Hi Dan

I agree, and I do like this small group a lot. It's just that so many others seem to prefer the pristine single pieces to the documented-but-war-weary groups. I got tired of discussing that point. I'd just rather let others make up their minds about these, rather than me saying "Here's a wonderful group ...". Heck, they're going to anyway, and I don't enjoy that particular discussion.

<<Are you going to research?>>

No. This isn't in one of my particular interests. It's one of several (or maybe more than several) that I bought for re-sell to support my own habit. I need to pay for the ones that I bought to keep.

Hi Dan

I agree, and I do like this small group a lot. It's just that so many others seem to prefer the pristine single pieces to the documented-but-war-weary groups. I got tired of discussing that point. I'd just rather let others make up their minds about these, rather than me saying "Here's a wonderful group ...". Heck, they're going to anyway, and I don't enjoy that particular discussion.

<<Are you going to research?>>

No. This isn't in one of my particular interests. It's one of several (or maybe more than several) that I bought for re-sell to support my own habit. I need to pay for the ones that I bought to keep.

Oh I totally agree!!!! I mean, minty perfect pieces certainly have their place. It's the same thing as in numismatics. Some collectors love pieces as near to perfect as possible. And as far as owning them as works of art... no problem.

But to me, I want to collect militaria for the "history" which means I want and love pieces that have "been there and done that". The kind that we say "Oh if only that one could talk!" To me, it's the stuff dreams are made of. Something that likely sat in a drawer, probably in a box or case and was hard (if ever) used just doesn't really do much for me. It's seen squat. It's "been" in a drawer collecting dust.

I want to hold it in my hands and positively "feel" the history dripping off of it. They have vibes and to me it's probably one of the closest things we have to time travel.

So I'm right there with you on this point. I think it's a terrific group... it's got that salty look... it's got the info and the photo of the recipient. And I'd like to think it would be a good candidate for research, as again, I'm not necessarily looking for a super hero type. I think any history is great. If it wasn't a bit pricey to do so I'd research every single numbered piece I have... regardless of it's history... just to "know" who it was awarded to and for what.

To me, that's what historians do. That's what we live for. And that's what we thrive on.

99.99999% of my TR stuff cannot ever be researched for it's original owner. That's one thing I love about Soviet stuff and I can only hope we'll be able to one day do the same for Bulgarian and other Warsaw Pact material with serial numbers.

Oh, I haven't forgotten... I owe you a PM... just been up to my ears. But things are easing up so hoping to get with you on that soon. :beer:

Thanks! :cheers:

Dan

Hello gentlemen,

Just want to tell my opinion on that group. I beleive that only two first awards listed in the orderbook are real. All other entries are fake, so GPW, Otvaga and BZ do not belong to the group.

To my serial number Database the first two entries, the Order of Glory is awarded around 1945 and the Red Star in 1949, the third entry the OGPW 2n class ist awarded in summer 1944. The next entry the Valour medal is awarded around the end of 1943 to the beginning of 1944.

regards

Andreas

Hello gentlemen,

Just want to tell my opinion on that group. I beleive that only two first awards listed in the orderbook are real. All other entries are fake, so GPW, Otvaga and BZ do not belong to the group.

I incline to think 3 last entries are fakes: serials numbers, stamps, handwrittings... tell this... It would be interesting to see the research of these awards!