News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

ARE SELLERS RUNNING OUT OF BELIEVABLE COMBINATIONS?

Hallo Gentlemen, :beer:

Just spotted this little gem one on Ebay Germany

http://cgi.ebay.de/ORDENSPANGE-ORDEN-1-WK-...1QQcmdZViewItem

And another Gem on American Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...A%3AIT&rd=1

surely not possible as the seller claims to a woman. :unsure:

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Kevin,

The bar with two honor crosses looks like it may be real. This combination could be possible. A mid to late 30's reservist or landwehrmann serves but does nothing spectacular. Late in the war his 17-18 year old son is called up (they were calling the 1920 class in 1918) and killed in action. It seems to be well made and the medal loops are pulling on the ribbons which means it has been together for some time. For the female bar, never seen one and the way it is made looks odd, but it could be old odd. I will wait for Rick V's opinion on that one as it could go either way. BTW, I never noticed the HK has laurels , but the survivors HK has oaks. :unsure:

Dan Murphy

I believe there are both quite plausibel. The Baden one has just bad lighting which in my opinion makes the cross look brown instead of black.

There were many fathers and sons fighting during the same war timeframe as well....and regulations are regulations. Especially when it comes to medal bars.

Hallo Medalnet :beer:

its the claim that they were awarded to a woman / nurse, no woman / nurse was awarded a non-Combatant Hindenberg Cross!

His description:

"nice and rare 3 medal womens bow my guess a nurse rare womens grouping almost never see 3 medal set to women ! Baden 1914/1916 nurses cross, prussian red cross award 2nd class, non combatant honor cross!!!!! nice large pin on back !!!!

FULL SIZE MEDALS WOMENS MEDAL BAR!!!

postal MO or cash overseas cash in reg. or western union!

The cross is definately a bronze colour and not black painted, and the ribbon on the bar is for the Hindenburg Non-Com or Combatant as they had the same ribbon.

It also appears the ribbon rings to the rear were modified for fixing to this ribbon bar.

SELLER RELISTED: http://cgi.ebay.de/german-ww-I-3-medal-wom...1QQcmdZViewItem

:beer: Kevin in Deva

post-950-1152299502_thumb.jpg

post-950-1152300045_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kev in Deva

Hello Folks:

The Baden group looks fine to me and I have no problem with the attribution of the group to a female recipient. This group was awarded to a nurse or most likely. Yes, the suspension rings look like they were modified to have the medals mounted, but I don't see a problem with this. The Baden award looks to be made of "Kriegsmetal" and the zinc has oxidized and is "blooming" through the thin gilding wash. Thus the dull grey hue to the piece. The Prussian 2nd Class Red Cross award is also a late-war item that is silver plated. The only question that I have is why the 3rd Class was not displayed, as I have seen both grades worn together for female recipients. Although I personally do not have such a group with a non-combattant "Hindenburg cross", a photo of a female recipient wearing one, or a document for a cross to a female recipient, I believe that the statutes allowed awards to female recipients. They are simply not seen that often because they are rather scarce.

Best regards,

"SPM"

Edited by Schie?platzmeister