News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial Quest's Flag/Banner Collection

Hi all,

I would like to share my newly acquired 1933-1935 pattern Kriegsflagge with you. My 9 year old daughter is for size reference....she was not included in the deal. ;) The construction is the typical thick scratchy material, and the printing is done on two halves that were sewn horizontally through the white section. The flag is marked Reichskriegsflagge 3X5, and has the Weimar-style eagle over "M" stamp indicating Kriegsmarine acceptance. It is in wonderful condition with some minor zig zag stitching repairs to a small rip near the fly end, and only 3 or 4 pencil eraser-sized moth holes. I will add photos of my other flags/banners in the near future. ;)

Steven

[attachmentid=58903]

Edited by IMPERIAL QUEST

Wow Steven that is one BIG flag!!....errrr,where are you going to put it!!? :speechless1:

Hi Dave,

Since the wife will not agree to a giant flag pole in the front yard, unfortunately, I will have to fold this one. :( I plan to fold it where the stamps, and ropes can be seen, then I will display it with the attached photo, and a period picture showing this type flag being flown from the stern of a Heavy Cruiser. ;) I just could not pass this one up for the price, from what I have read, these are quite rare...

Edited by IMPERIAL QUEST

Greg!!!!! Glad to "see" you old friend.

Here is another banner in my collection. It is a TR-era produced example. It is 4.5 ft. X 20 ft. and shows very light wear. There is a stepped ceiling that cannot be seen in this picture, and this banner fit so perfectly in the wall niche of my room, it was almost as if it were custom made to fit. Although you cannot see it, there is a black tassle at the end, the same as the red and white. I am going to become a contributing member very soon, and I will replace these pics with better ones.

Edited by IMPERIAL QUEST

The flag on the left has very early hardware on the hoist edge, and is strongly reinforced. The fly end is tattered. Overall porportions are approx 4.5 ft. X 11 ft.

The flag on the right is a Swiss Canton flag (Geneva), and is in very fragile condition. My estimate, based on hardware is that it is from the 1930's or 40's. An overall shot of this will follow.

Edited by IMPERIAL QUEST

• 1 month later...
    • 2 months later...

Imperial Quest, I must applaud you in the ways in which you have presented your banners. Impressive is an understatement. They look exquisite.

Thanks very much. A new addition. I believe this to be from the 1864 German/Danish War. It is approx. 8 ft. X 4 ft. and represents on ly the center portion of a much larger flag. It is a medium weight linen.