News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mongolia in March 2007

Guest Rick Research

:speechless1: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

At least a Burger Khan would have been a smidgeon better! :banger:

• Replies 108
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if I am typing badly (OK, worse than usual), but I am shaking and still recovering. I met with one of the UB dealers today. No one we know.

Partial general view. Sit down. You have been warned.

Ed,

Thanks for all of the pictures from your trip. Mongolia looks like a beautiful country. I loved the pics from the country side and the historical locations. For guys like me that is the closest I'd ever get to Mongolia. I hope that you had a GREAT trip. :jumping:

:beer: Doc

Very nice :jumping:

I am curious, what prices are being quoted for these in Mongolia (I recently had a Hero star offered to me for 25K USD).

Bob

$25,000 would seem a little high, but not unreasonable.

The silly price asked for this one was $100,000.

I mentioned they all read Igor's website, didn't I?

Yes, and that'll drive an inflationary effect on Mongolian awards I am sure... hold on tight!

The 25K i was offered was from Moscow so I was hoping UB would be substantially lower... 100K us certainly not lower:)

Yes, and that'll drive an inflationary effect on Mongolian awards I am sure... hold on tight!

Expecially when supply is stagnant, the deluge from the bank -- coinciding with Bat's book and the influx of new collectors -- violated everything I learned in ECON 101 and prices didn't crash. Laws are now in force, skewed by the Internet.

Mostly (with a sole major exception) everything I saw was common stuff, Polar Stars and a very few Combat Valors, and at "Alexei prices", ranging up to "Igor prices". Some admitted to having Sukhbaatars, but planned on holding onto them until prices rose.

Not just reading, but also supplying... (perhaps even on consignment?). Seems like a lot of money stuck in inventory for this guy in a country where that kind of money can buy you a lot of other stuff...