News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Old Style Ribbon Bar Scans Requested for Ongoing

• Replies 97
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone:

Claudio, all I can say is WOW! That is one of the nicest 1864 campaign Officer's groups that I have ever seen. It is a shame that you couldn't get it. That is definately a "keeper". The named Schaumburg-Lippe campaign medal is an EXTREMELY rare (unofficial) variation (only the second one that I know of). It is interesting to see the "AW" maker's mark on the RAO IV w/sw badge (this was a recent topic of discussion regarding the Prussian Milit?r-Ehrenzeichen 1st Class).

I love these early campaign groups!

Thanks,

Schie?platzmeister

I've always had some doubts, but..., well, it's pretty and it's got some nice devices and it came from a good source... okay, I call it paying tuition. Learn,even if it is from your own mistakes. (Rick R., you've probably seen this one before).

Edited by Wild Card

Niemeyer's bar. I think the RAO should have been a 3 Kl. mit Schleife, but it was corrected afterwards...

Reunited . . . in cyberspace if not physically :jumping:

My bars are retirement pre WW1, the medal bar is during or post WW1 . . . nice to see it :cheers:

What happened to the Japanese Order of The Rising Sun (sixth from the left on the big bar) ????

Thanks Claudio :beer:

Edited by David S

Guest Rick Research

No hooks on back of those last 2, Evil Ricky?

Bob: how LONG is that bar!??? :speechless1:

OK guys, I have all I need of this type, so except for re-doing any scans that didn't come out poifect, don't need any more or (my oh my oh my! :love::love::love: ) I could get an entire Epic ONLY on the Old Styles! :cheeky: They're beauties, but what TARGETS!!!!!

I remember that 1864 group, Claudio. Came with husband and wife photo of him wearing his awards etc etc. Unfortunately I can't use anything that the owner hasn't given me permission for, and who knows where THAT group went? :(

What I can use now are a few original photos scanned "in wear." Clarity is important-- I have some minor blurries, sigh.

:cheers::cheers: Rick

Guest Rick Research

That's like a 14 ribbon bar, with about 10 times the surface of a M1915. It must have hung WELL over his tunic buttons, or he was an immense moose of a fellow.

I can't resist adding a little humor to the thread with this one. In the full size photo there was a sign at stated "Zur Erinnerung and den Komp. Abend im Felde 1918". The "officer's" boards look made up and the ribbon bar looks like it is painted on paper or cardboard. :)

Dan Murphy

IPB Image

Edited by Daniel Murphy