News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Second: the same with engraving "1813 14 15"

Efler wrote in his Waldeck book, that it is known that 369 medals were awarded. Most of them were engraved later by the veterans.

And last the Kriegervereinsehrenzeichen.

100 pieces were produced.

54 were awarded and the remainder is missing.

I know another gentleman in this forum who also owns this medal. Perhaps he is willing to show it here?

greetings

eitze

Hello Deruelle,

the ribbon on the 1813 medal seems to be old; but I don`t know if it is original.

But what I know is, that the order of colours on this ribbon is wrong.

The correct order is shown on the "1813-14-15" medal: Red - Black - Gold !!!

greetings

eitze

• 1 month later...

Hello Eike,

so you got the little gem :cheers:

I didn`t bid so high, because I was after some other medals.

But it will find a good home at your Waldeck collection!

Greetings

Andre

• 5 months later...

I can add further interesting info for an WW-1 award in the Waldeck Roll (page 21).

The source is the history of the Infanterie Regiment No. 83 (The Waldeckers).

The said medal was the Ehrenkreuz with swords, which was awarded on 20.01.1915 to

Gefreiter Tambour (= drummer) 8./IR 83

HOY

for action fought on 16.12.1914 around Plichtow on the eastern front against the Russians.

After the town was taken, Gefreiter Hoy put an enemy machine gun out of combat. That was nothing special at that time, but the way he did it was exceptional :o

He went around the enemy, took his drum sticks and started fast to drum. The Russians were so frightened at the moment, that they rose their arms and surrendered to him !!!

Now - that`s a story :D

There is a Gefreiter Hoy shown in the Silver Medal section of Roll Book on page 54. He was awarded the Silver Medal with X on 07.12.1914.

I don`t know if the two are the same person. If so he got a further higher Waldeck award.

If not he started immediately with Waldeck`s highest award for NCO/Men.

greetings

eitze

• 3 weeks later...

As you perhaps know. all WW-1 War Decorations of Waldeck where made WITHOUT award documents.

So unfortunately nothing to collect for the Waldeck Fan for this period :blush:

Therefore I was happy to get my hands on 3 pre and post WW-1 documents to the winner of the Silver Merit Medal with X

Karl Vonjahr

Kriegsbeschädigter aus Giflitz

date of award: 20.03.1918 (page 88 in the Waldeck Roll Book).

First his Führungszeugnis for his National Service in the 6./ Inf. Regt. Nr. 83.

The signature belongs to Hauptmann Johann Peter Christoph Friedrich Bachmann, himself holder of the Waldeck Verdienstkreuz 4. Klasse.

• 2 months later...

As I told above, no award certificates to collect for WW-1.

So I was lucky to get this nice document three months ago.

It is the certificate for the 2. class of the Waldeck Merit Cross to

Geheimer Regierungsrath Kirschner

awarded 14.02.1897 and signed by Fürst Friedrich of Waldeck-Pyrmont.

greetings

eitze

• 2 months later...

Today I can give you a small addition to a holder of the silver VM with X.

Page 56 in the Waldeck Roll Book

Daniel KANN

Uffz.

Please add his unit:

2. Kompanie / Inf. Regiment 67

His papers and medals were sold on ebay some days ago.

greetings

eitze

• 2 months later...

Hallo!

My name is Andi. I collect since 1994, decorations of Waldeck since last year. Here´s one of my personal highlight:

General der Kavallerie Franz Freiherr von Dalwigk zu Lichtenfels

Hallo Andi;

It's nice to meet you. That is quite an introduction you have with that bar. Very, very nice. A Waldeck gem, but also a great display of a mounted White Falcon Order.

At your leisure could you please show us the back and any interesting details/maker-marks.

BTW: Like Christophe said, please show more of your collection.

Thank you,

Hi Andy!

Welcome to this club... The bar you show I have already seen it on German forum, but it's really nice to see it again. Btw it's a hell of a bar, a center piece in any medal bar collection. Congrats!

Ciao,

Claudio

Hello Andi, and welcome.

As said by others, you certainly have made a grand entrance by sharing this magnificent bar.

If you should ever have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. This forum is blessed by having

a good number of very knowledgeable members who generously share their experience and

knowledge.

Again, Welcome! :cheers:

Wild Card