News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Six RS`s: Who has more?

And there appears to be a fourth one, Colonel Filipp Petrovich Onopriyenko (1919-2005), a pilot.

Yep...

His full name was and still here http://ww2awards.info/sssr/orden_krasnoy_zvezdi.html ;)

" ...Оноприенко Филипп Петрович ..."

His name is Sitsevoi (Ситцевой) ;)

You mean his surname of course ;)

His name is still Nikolay :whistle:

VERY nice post and follow-ups and very interesting. I think the most any Georgian was awarded was four, all were combat (a pilot), and I own that group, ex-Tbilisi Museum of the Revolution. I think I posted it here, sometime in the distant past. According to the ex-director of the museum, he was supposed to get an HSU but Stalin notoriously hated Georgians and denied it, so they gave him a fourth Red Star. Just a story and I can't support it, but I tend to believe it. But SIX? Wow.

Chuck

I think the most any Georgian was awarded was four, all were combat (a pilot), and I own that group, ex-Tbilisi Museum of the Revolution.

Some really amazing and rare things you've got from this museum Chuck!

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/4608-quadruple-red-star-group-georgian-pilot/?hl=%2Bpilot+%2Bred+%2Bstar

... Stalin notoriously hated Georgians ...

Quite lively imagination this ex-director had ;)

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by JapanX