News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

ribbon identification

The first one is Ethiopian,  

the second one looks exactly the same as the first one on the third row. Only the Belgian Military Cross doesn't has a Commander/Grand Cross variation. No idea which order it must represent. 

Herman 

Thanks

I also think the first ribbon is the Star of Ethiopia.

The first ribbonl  I do not think it could be the order of thousand Hills.

Iff I'm not wrong, the Order was instituted some time between 1982 and 1985) and this ribbon is on a uniforme that dates between 1939 ans 1953. But there also medals from the WW I. So It can be offered at this offer before 1939.

The second France, Order of Agricultural Merit, Commander on a military uniform off a pilot ?

Is this possible ?

Edited by Guy

16 minutes ago, Guy said:

Thanks

I also think the first ribbon is the Star of Ethiopia.

The first ribbonl  I do not think it could be the order of thousand Hills.

Iff I'm not wrong, the Order was instituted some time between 1982 and 1985) and this ribbon is on a uniforme that dates between 1939 ans 1953. But there also medals from the WW I. So It can be offered at this offer before 1939.

The second France, Order of Agricultural Merit, Commander on a military uniform off a pilot ?

Is this possible ?

The French Order of Agricultural Merit on a military uniform? Yes, I have a portrait of a British Major, also wearing this decoration. Presumably, a Reservist.

Had this Belgian officer served in the cavalry or veterinary corps, the French award grant or connection might be more apparent. 

Further, this officer's commander grade of the French Order of Agricultural Merit may not necessarily related to activity in the agricultural field [pun intended].  France used/uses the Order of Agricultural Merit to recognize general merits in addition to those related directly to agriculture.  Examples include Nicholas of Montenegro and Haile Selassie who both received this Order--Nicholas'  now displayed in the Cetinje Palace Museum mounted on a sash in the correct colors.  An acquaintance seconded to the French Foreign Ministry received the knight cross [star] in 1970 after working there for a year. 

Concur with an Ethiopian Star for the green-yellow-red commander ribbon.

Is the last ribbon a Dannebrog?  

Thanks my friends.

922F  I do not know the name off te officer at this moment.

I have to check the yearbooks concerning the Belgien air force officers period 1946/1953 and hope to find him.

But I hope the ribbons can tell me more about him..
    It is good possible that the last order is the orde of Danneborg

I agree that the first is most likely Ethiopian, but could also be a little more exotic like ....

GMIC.jpg.bd7e54ce99e52e0d1096460fae26e52b.jpg

I have seen this ribbon mounted as green/yellow/red but also as red/yellow/green, this is btw a miniature!

Edited by larsb001

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Guy,

I think the first one is the Ethiopian order of the star, and the second one is the order of the Homayoon of Iran.

This was most likely a military person who served at the royal house of Belgium.

Sampo

Hi 922F,

Very true, but it seems to be the same type of ribbon as the Belgium military cross, usually if the ribbon for mounting is not available, the nearest collor ribbon is used.