Gentleman's Military Interest Club
TheKnight

Knights cross - original or fake

FF5EDA1B-F47D-448C-8B73-3013EA64F405.jpeg

ACFA44A3-DF89-4B06-9484-93D47811E1DF.jpeg

Can anyone give me an opinion on this medal. Is it genuine ? 

I suggest that a lot more pictures would be needed to provide an informed answer to your question.  But to start with, the ribbon doesn't look right to me nor does the loop that it is passed through.

Regards,

Gordon

Thanks Gordan appreciate your comments and any other views people may have, these are the only 2 pictures I can get unfortunately.

In my opinion It' actually looks more like an EKII converted to a RK at some point, the difficulty is knowing when it was done, quite a simple job, it could have been done during the war or it could have been done 6 months ago from "Period" parts, unless you have full "Provenance" you'll never know, sorry

regards

Alex

7 hours ago, Alex K said:

looks more like an EKII converted to a RK at some point,

Yeah, that's exactly what it is; an EK2.  RK had the suspension loop parallel to the frame, EK2 loops are perpendicular (see image).  That's not to say it wasn't worn that way (as a RK); there were instances of that happening in WW2.  But unless there is some seriously solid provenance proving that it's just an EK2

3REKs.jpg

9 minutes ago, Eric Gaumann said:

Yeah, that's exactly what it is; an EK2.  RK had the suspension loop parallel to the frame, EK2 loops are perpendicular (see image).  That's not to say it wasn't worn that way (as a RK); there were instances of that happening in WW2.  But unless there is some seriously solid provenance proving that it's just an EK2

3REKs.jpg

Agreed, they certainly were worn that way during the war, normally by those that had received their preliminary notification, but not their actual award, or those that chose not to have their award damaged in combat, normally there would be some evidence of wear either on the medal itself, or on the ribbon, press studs, ribbon ties etc, the one originally posted doesn't seem to show any of such examples, so it's anyone guess when it became a Pseudo RK in my opinion

regards

Alex

Thanks for all your opinions. This medal is for sale along with an award certificate for a knights cross. If the certificate is genuine it is probably worth more than the medal. If the award certificate is real there is still no proof that it has anything to do with the modified ek1. My search for a genuine rk will continue. Thanks again

another one for ye guys. Is this the real deal. And if so any idea of its value2C59F87A-C21C-4F32-964D-99FD7FC82C7A.thumb.jpeg.04dfe7a9c9804d212ff8608eedd7bfae.jpeg

Nope!  sorry

Alex K