News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Machinegunners badge

• Replies 159
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 7 months later...

I have always wanted one of these but have never found a real one for sale when I looked.

actually, they scare me as I'm not good enough with this badge to be comfortable buying one from anyone but a fellow forum member.

dond, yours looks very nice but I'm no expert.

Note the spurs.  Probably he was a dragoon.

At the outbreak of war there were11 MG-Abteilungen in the cavalry-divisions. They changed into MG-companies.

I don´t know, if the cavalry also had MG-Scharfschützen                                                              

• 6 months later...

Here's a nifty little badge for machine gunners.  It's a specialty skill identifier badge from the Stahlhelm Bund.

Scan 11.jpeg

Scan 10.jpeg

Did I mention little?

Scan 9.jpeg

On 1.12.2015 at 04:40, The Prussian said:

I´ve never seen that basge on a greatcoat! Great picture!!!!

Hi,

When it was introduced it was officially meant for the Waffenrock and Greatcoat.

Maybe the fact that greatcoats were rolled up and tightly wrapped meant the badges would get broken and threads get torn so guys just did not bother?

Hi Don!

Nice badge!! I assume as it is pointing left to right that it was worn on the right sleeve?

Best

Chris