I am working on a piece about the MSSA and would like to see and use other members' pics concerning this award. The article is for GMIC members to use. Here is my JUNCKER badge. Thanks for anyone who contributes. If you want to show something but not have it used that is fine also. Just state so please.

Thanks again.

As you can see it is a nice salty piece that has been worn at some point in it's life. The reverse with makermark.

Don,

Here are mine. This one is a alloy piece (Zinc?) with a similar back plate. There is just a hint of the original gold wash and is a sort of riveted construction. There is no maker mark that I can see and I have had it approx 20 years. Obverse.

IPB Image

Here is another. Stamped steel with a gold wash or plate. The back plate is missing due to some the prongs being broken. It has been sewn to the backer and the rust has discolored the thread. Had this one about 13 years. Obverse.

IPB Image

Chris,

Uh... No. There are only two pins remaining. They are shown below highlighted in yellow. The rest is the rust stained gray thread that was used to sew it down after the pins and plate were lost.

Dan Murphy

IPB Image

Edited by Daniel Murphy

Thanks Dan.

C'mon guys, let's see some more.

Back. Sorry the mm doesn't show better, but it's a light stamping.

Bringing this back to the top to see if there is more interest in these.

thanks

I for one an very interested.... but have little I can aid you with...

Cmon you lazy bggers.... get your pics over to Don !!!!

dond,

How many makers do you currently have? I contributed mine to the thread you started on the WA website.

Chip

Hi Chip. At least three different ones so far. How about tossing yours on here too.

thanks

Here's another one, made by the Stuttgart Metallfabrik. This badge is almost entirely of zink except for the pins soldered to it for fastening to the backing plate. Remainents of a finish are visible.

The reverse. Note that the pins are bent in the same pattern as the Juncker.

Here is another that I missed on ebay due to a technical difficulty- I was drinking. Made by Carl (or Karl) Leburg of Strassburg.

The reverse. It has much in common with the others originals in its construction.

For ages I have thought of these as MGSSA badges, but I just recieved a photo of a regular infantry regt MGK and they all have it (or most of them)

Can it be that it is a graduation badge from the MG school and not for folks attached to a MGSSA ?

I've always thought it was given out for graduating a specialty course on machinegun operations. You rarely see everyone in a unit wearing it.