News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

W?rttemberg Golden Military Merit Medals

Ralph,

Beautiful items and a great display. Just one thing though, your LS Bar is upside down. :blush:

Dan Murphy

:blush: Silent and sure testimony to bad eyesight and new bifocals.

Hi Ralph,

Those are very nice pieces and, as has been previously stated, exceptionally well displayed. :cheers: With regard to the gold military merit medals, (1) do they have the engraver?s name - ?K. Schwenzer? - under Wilhelm?s bust and (2) are there any marks on the ?se? I seem to recall that the gold versions of this medal had a fineness mark on the side of the ?se; but will defer to our more learned members on this point.

Best wishes, :beer:

Wild Card

I only have this one with a "Spangenst?ck" in gilt bronze without die-maker:

Hello;

Could someone tell me, what does the Wreath on the ribbon of the WMMM mean? (Mine doesn't have that :( )

I thought the wreath on this ribbon was for a different (enamel) award.

-Claudius

the wreath should normally be only on the ribbonbar - to differ between the silver medal (nothing beside the ribbon) and the golden one with a small golden wreath on the ribbon.

if the wreath is enameld it would be for the miliary merit order.

hope i was able to help a bit christian

found a link with ribbonbars having the enameld wreath on for the order: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3415...rttemberg+order

Edited by Christian L

Ah...that was it. Thank you. I noticed now that BOTH bars have clips in the back in order to remove the medals and wear the bar alone. That's why they would need the wreaths to clearly indicate a gold over a silver WMMM.

Thanks for the clarification.

Those are some nice bars, and a great display. :beer: