News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial Russian Shoulder board collection

On 09/12/2019 at 10:58, JanneP said:

Hello!

Those who have better knowledge can you identify these shoulder boards?514178989_ImperialRussianshoulderboardsI.jpg.4435f0dcb80a410c48feb6486465dd3b.jpg644332660_ImperialRussianshoulderboardsII.jpg.f330df7898192e6cde79f57a900e612b.jpg417729195_ImperialRussianshoulderboardsIII.jpg.6b8980099f7449362f2e6258a141410e.jpg

In the middle picture,  second shoulder board from the right. I think in that should be printed the crown and the insignia of Nicholas II.

The bottom right Admirals shoulder board is a fake.  It is a Soviet era  Generals/Admirals board which had the star removed and a modern day embroidery executed of an Imperial  Admirals eagle, 100% fake.  Just compare the width and quality of the shoulder board field’s embroidery and constitution to the original overcoat Major Generals board which is to the left of it, night and day difference.

Edited by dknyc71

• 2 weeks later...
    On 19/12/2019 at 05:08, dknyc71 said:

The bottom right Admirals shoulder board is a fake.  It is a Soviet era  Generals/Admirals board which had the star removed and a modern day embroidery executed of an Imperial  Admirals eagle, 100% fake.  Just compare the width and quality of the shoulder board field’s embroidery and constitution to the original overcoat Major Generals board which is to the left of it, night and day difference.

Thank you for your comment. What else is good to keep in mind when looking russian shoulder boards if it's fake or not?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Is this pair of shoulder boards genuine or not. It looks odd. For example button is lower than those which I have. And was in imperial Russian shoulder boards used metallic stars of ranks?

Would be grateful for comments!

Shoulderboards.jpg

Shoulderboards II.jpg

Shoulderboards III.jpg

• 3 months later...
    • 4 weeks later...
    • 3 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Sajkaca !

A question for Sajkaca ; I know tha Prince Arseni Karageorgevich served with the Imperial Guard , but no other conections between the Serbian Royals with the Tsarist Miitary, King Petar I for example was Colonel of any Russian Regiment or honorary General ¨? 

Prince Arsen served in LG Kavaler Guards RGT at the same time with Baron Mannergheim. His brother George served in LG Hussars, but he died very young. King Peter I was honorary General, commander of 14th Olonets IR, whilst Crown Prince Alexander was Captain. Princess Jelena was married to Prince of Royal Blood Ioann Constantinovich Romanov. I wrote about it in detail for the Russian magazine Starii Zeughaus. 

137 Aleksandar Olonecki_uvecana slika.jpg

OZG_84-85.jpg

Many Thanks ! I had read about Prince Arseni in the Memories of Marshall Mannerheim . the other information was and is practically unknown in Europe not to say in my remote Argentine. The two men on the cover of the magazine are Gendarms ? I assume that the old man with the Kiwer is King Petar . Kind regards !

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Because of this obsession to be the last on the thread without posting anything ever on the subject. I think that this is pretty much the oh.

The floor is yours now ?

Edited by Sajkaca