News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

German servant

MichaW

This medals are from a german member of the ministry of farming and forest. He earn all between 1950 and 1972.

I have never seen most of these medals. Do you know what they are? Can you please list them?

Thanks for sharing this really unique bar!

I have never seen most of these medals. Do you know what they are? Can you please list them?

Thanks for sharing this really unique bar!

The medals are:

Order of the lion, Iran

Order of the North Star Commander, Sweden

Order of Merit Agricole , France

Order of Merit, Germany

Order of the star, Jordan

Republic Order of Merit , Austria

Order of The Crown, Belgium

Republic Order of Merit Commander, Italia

Order of Merit, Luxemburg

Merit of Agricole, Spain

• 2 months later...

All I could think about is that the miniatures at this bar could be switched??

Then he might have to go to an ambassador or another official party of Iran...

Then he chooses to wear the miniature in the first place...

However as a native of germany, the german order had to come in the second place...

So.. just a bundle of miniatures put together might be possible too!

Kind regards,

Jacky

All I could think about is that the miniatures at this bar could be switched??

Then he might have to go to an ambassador or another official party of Iran...

Then he chooses to wear the miniature in the first place...

However as a native of germany, the german order had to come in the second place...

So.. just a bundle of miniatures put together might be possible too!

Kind regards,

Jacky

He always has to wear his own country first in a group.

If this is the second row of a group mounted alphabetically according to the French names of the countries, why is Austria ( Autriche ) in the second row?

An interesting point, but shouldn't things be mounted in the order of award?

Depends on the rules of the country of the wearer. In the Netherlands you wear your own countries awards first. Highest to lowest.

Next are the foreign countries alphabetically according to the French names of the countries. If you have more then one award from a foreign country then you wear them also from the highest to the lowest award.

I believe this is the case in most European countries?

Edited by Herr General

Depends on the rules of the country of the wearer. In the Netherlands you wear your own countries awards first. Highest to lowest.

Next are the foreign countries alphabetically according to the French names of the countries. If you have more then one award from a foreign country then you wear them also from the highest to the lowest award.

I all countries, I assume, you'd wear your own awards first. British practice, the only one I know for sure, is to then wear foreign awards (if sanctioned) in the order of award.

Such rules are, of course, often ignored.

• 3 months later...

That might be plausible,

But then.. As a civil servant, one is a kind of carte d'visit for his country.

With a messy miniature-group, wouldn't be a really nice carte d'visit.....

Anyway, still many awards for "just" a civil servant..

If you buy miniatures, they're already expensive in the netherlands, for a little extra money, they can be mounted,

thus for the money, it's not THE point in not having your miniatures mounted correct.

Kind regards,

Jacky

Not entirely true: if you wear foreign decorations in the Netherlands you wear them from high to low, and only if two medals of the same class are in a row you wear them in alphabetically according to the French name of the countries. So if someone has an officer, let's say of the Order of the Sword of Sweden, a Knight in the Order of the Crown of Belgium and a Knight in the Order of Merit of Germany, he would wear them: Officer Sword Sweden (S?ede), Knight Merit Germany (Allemange) and Knight Crown Belgium (Belgique).

Not entirely true: if you wear foreign decorations in the Netherlands you wear them from high to low, and only if two medals of the same class are in a row you wear them in alphabetically according to the French name of the countries. So if someone has an officer, let's say of the Order of the Sword of Sweden, a Knight in the Order of the Crown of Belgium and a Knight in the Order of Merit of Germany, he would wear them: Officer Sword Sweden (S?ede), Knight Merit Germany (Allemange) and Knight Crown Belgium (Belgique).

Except when he's German ;)

But I think you still stay in the Dutch mood ;)

Then, this order of precedence is correct!! :D