News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Chris,

Glad you were able to get it. I just love a sled that has been banged about, those dents from the shrapnel balls and shell splinters add great character. Does the serial # match between gun and sled? Mine does not and it is not unusual, but I think they originally should have. Nice patronenkasten 08 and 15, the early ones are hard to find. I have a VERY early brass mounted one in the same style, made by Vickers Son's & Maxim for the MG01s. It is the only one I have seen like it. Nice ZF 12 in the early "kidney" case, too. I suggest some pads like used for furniture legs to protect the floor. It is odd, that 08/15 looks at home there. Reminds me of the MG 08/18, which was an aircooled MG 08/15 that could be tripod mounted. Experimental only though. Please post some more pics when you get the 08. If you ever come to the states and make it to the Maryland area, we can take mine out and fire it live. I have 1200rds in belts just waiting for the next trip to the range. And then there is the MP 18 I..... :jumping:

Dan

Thanks for the invitation mate :jumping:

Ich komme darauf zur?ck... :cheers:

Nope... a lot of hard work and selling... and the MG08 will be here by the end of November :-)))))

You really must come around and play some time ;-)

Is the Patronenkasten 08 the wooden one and 15 the one in steel?

Chris,

Glad you were able to get it. I just love a sled that has been banged about, those dents from the shrapnel balls and shell splinters add great character. Does the serial # match between gun and sled? Mine does not and it is not unusual, but I think they originally should have. Nice patronenkasten 08 and 15, the early ones are hard to find. I have a VERY early brass mounted one in the same style, made by Vickers Son's & Maxim for the MG01s. It is the only one I have seen like it. Nice ZF 12 in the early "kidney" case, too. I suggest some pads like used for furniture legs to protect the floor. It is odd, that 08/15 looks at home there. Reminds me of the MG 08/18, which was an aircooled MG 08/15 that could be tripod mounted. Experimental only though. Please post some more pics when you get the 08. If you ever come to the states and make it to the Maryland area, we can take mine out and fire it live. I have 1200rds in belts just waiting for the next trip to the range. And then there is the MP 18 I..... :jumping:

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
    • 6 years later...

Ok. In the USA there was an 08/15 mounted on a sled on what was described as a period sled fitting to take the MG. This has yet to be verified so thought as you are repeatedly finding lovely pieces before me you had located such an item.

Mark