News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Identification Cavaliers of the Order of Glory

Who can help me identify the right Cavalier of the Order of Glory? The left was already identified by Forum member slava1stclass as Guards Colonel Aleksei Vasilyevich Rumyantsev. The picture must have been taken during a recent victory commemoration. Thanks a lot in advance!

Auke

IPB Image

Edited by Ferdinand

Dear Auke,

great picture - many thanks :beer: .

Sorry, I also don't know the comrade at the right side :( .

At the beginning of the year 1993 about 700 Cavaliers of the Order of Glory had been still among us. Does anyone know the figure for 2006?

Best regards

Christian

P.S.: There is also a third set of a Glory-Trio at the right border of the photograph ...

Thank you all for your replies. I have honestly no idea when exactly this picture was taken, but probably during a recent victory commemoration. I got it together with a few other veteran pics (unfortunately no more Cavaliers though).

Auke

• 1 month later...

I noticed that too. Here's another veteran, not a cavalier but a nice picture (sorry, a little bit off-topic). A 20th Anniversary of Victory Medal with a kolodka of the 70th Anniversary of the Armed Forces turned upside down, a Victory over Germany with a 30th Anniversary of Victory ribbon, his 1985 OPW 1 is on the left instead of right, and a 70th Anniversary of Armed Forces with a wrong ribbon.

vet18.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I discovered another one on my PC, must have found it somewhere on the internet. May 2005 60th Anniversary of Victory commemorations.

Auke

vf0022.jpg

To narrow it down, I think Mr Post7 is probably an Uzbek, seeing he has the Uzbek Jasorat medal

Jan

Gentlemen, another nice May 2005 pic of a Cavalier:

vf0012.jpg

Thats a most interesting photo, Auke. The HSU on the left, what does he wear next to his Hero-Star?

What a fantastic group of awards with the Glory 3rd class :jumping:

Also interesting to see the Cavalier of Order of Glory wears his ribbonbar additionally to his awards.

Thanks for posting these pictures :beer:

Gerd

Edited by Gerd Becker

• 2 weeks later...

Or how about this one? Moscow, March 1985.

http://victory.rusarchives.ru/catalogue/ph...d=476&id=29

From left to right: N.I. Lepekhov, I.P. Arkhipkin, K.N. Gordanov, K.S. Kudryashov, A.D. Yegorov.

Dear Auke,

great photograph with 5 Cavaliers in 1985 - many thanks :beer: .

BTW: It seems to be an interesting website, you took the photograph - you know about what is that website is exactly?

Best regards

Christian

Thats a most interesting photo, Auke. The HSU on the left, what does he wear next to his Hero-Star?

What a fantastic group of awards with the Glory 3rd class :jumping:

Also interesting to see the Cavalier of Order of Glory wears his ribbonbar additionally to his awards.

Thanks for posting these pictures :beer:

Gerd

Dear Gerd,

a truely interesting photograph :beer: .

The HSU-Colonel at the left seems to have been an active pilot - fighter pilot :unsure: ? -, who started his career as a sub-lieutenant (his Glory 3cl) and retired as a colonel somewhere in the 1960s. His Merit-Medal, RS & RB #2 might be long service awards for 10, 15 & 20 years in service. It should be not so difficult to find out his identity ;) .

The "Cavalier" at the right received also a Motherland 3cl (!), which is a rather rare award for GPW-NCOs. Due to his awards, it seems, that he did not promote to an officers rank. I have never read about an NCO, who got a Motherland :unsure: .

Best regards

Christian

QUOTE(slava1stclass @ Jan 8 2007, 14:49 )

To all:

I have positively identified the second Full Cavalier in Post # 1 above. I will now work to i.d. these new men (Posts # 7 and 11).

Regards,

slava1stclass

And . . . ????

Dear Ed, ... and

To all:

I think, that this posting of our "friend" Mr. "slava1stclass" is a very typical example of the way of communication our "friend" does:

To share nothing to anyone :angry: .

Already I am rather sure, which person hides behind "slava1stclass", but I think, it is legally (according to UK-laws) not possible to reveal his identy, his two or three nationalities, his nice dealer's-website, his academic degress, his merits in the scientific world, etc., etc. at GMIC ;) .

Ed, you know, who it might be ... :P

Best regards :beer:

Christian

BTW: It seems to be an interesting website, you took the photograph - you know about what is that website is exactly?

I thought it was www.may9.ru - but I can't find the photographs there anymore. :unsure:

I think, that this posting of our "friend" Mr. "slava1stclass" is a very typical example of the way of communication our "friend" does:

To share nothing to anyone :angry: .

Please, don't be so ungentlemanly. Slava identified the first cavalier (not in this topic though).

And I would really like to know who the other Cavaliers are...

Frankly, I do see it as ungentlemanly when you post photos and a request for information (as "slava" did) and then say, "OK, I know now", and say no more, share no results. Frankly, one would be quite justified in being disinclined to help such a person.

I thought it was www.may9.ru - but I can't find the photographs there anymore. :unsure:

Please, don't be so ungentlemanly. Slava identified the first cavalier (not in this topic though).

And I would really like to know who the other Cavaliers are...

Dear Auke,

this Mr. "slava1stclass" has been rather arrogant and nasty to the collectors community for years at several platforms in the www :angry: . But at least, he offers excellent items at reasonable prices at his dealer's-website ;) .

Mr. "slava1stclass" is NOT a Gentleman (at least towards people with a relation to Serbia)!

Please find the source in the www, where you found your great photograph :love: .

Christian

Dear Auke,

this Mr. "slava1stclass" has been rather arrogant and nasty to the collectors community for years at several platforms in the www :angry: . But at least, he offers excellent items at reasonable prices at his dealer's-website ;) .

Mr. "slava1stclass" is NOT a Gentleman (at least towards people with a relation to Serbia)!

Please find the source in the www, where you found your great photograph :love: .

Christian

Dear Christian,

I do not think this forum, and in particular this thread, are meant to discuss someone's character and/or reputation, and definitely not to settle any personel problems you might have with another member of the forum.

Let us please go back to the cavaliers

Jan

Gentlemanly ...

Dear Jan,

if you would have read the posting in this thread from another GMIC-"Club Host", Ed Haynes,

Frankly, I do see it as ungentlemanly when you post photos and a request for information (as "slava" did) and then say, "OK, I know now", and say no more, share no results. Frankly, one would be quite justified in being disinclined to help such a person.

you might understand, why some GMIC-members are not so happy with the behaviour of a certain person, who could identify some Cavaliers, but doesn't like to share the results with the GMIC-community.

O.K., Jan, you are right, that this might not be the approbriate section at GMIC to discuss our problems in the public.

Sorry .... :blush:

Christian

I would like to second the above statement by Ed Haynes, in that I have learned much from questions posed by other members. The point being that when a certain member posts a question, it does not mean that other members are not interested in the answer.

At the same time, on the rare occassion that I have been able to contribute an answer or supporting information, I have done so for the benefit of the forum community, not just the one member who asked.

Thank you,

Wild Card