News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

NAPOLEONIC ST.GEORGE CROSS ?

Moore of Corunna

Oh, that is too funny! Good one.

Hallo Gents :beer:

maybe what Igor is not trying to say :P in so many words of his limited english is look at the quality of my piece, I am showing you a perfect example, any that do not come up to this standard are F A K E :P

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Thank you everybody, specially Igor.

This item was in eBay Germany and... I was not the winner...fortunately. :cheeky:

I must tell you that your answers have arrived too late cause I sent one bid, but not too high. I wasn?t sure about this medal. Certainly the photographs shows a faded surface. :shame:

Anyway, thank you gentlemen :beer:

I don't have a dog in this fight as I don't own one of these (nor have any intention to do so) but I would still have my doubts about this medal for several reasons (and this was well before Igor posted up his original for comparison.) Compare this one to Igor's. Note that Igor's is silver with a nice patina. The one in the auction doesn't even appear to be silver, let alone with a patina. It looks more like a dark grey metal of some sort. Second, the one in the auction has the numbers cast into the piece from when the faker made a cast of the original medal. Once again, compare that to Igor's, and you'll see that the numbers aren't cast into the arms, but are instead cleanly stamped. Finally, look at the detail on the George and on the reverse. It's not near what it should be, even with many years of wear. There are a few other things, but those were the biggest keys to me.

Dave

Edited by NavyFCO

MOC,

Sorry, perhaps my reply was not as specific as it could have been. I was speaking of the original one that Igor posted. I have a couple Imperial Russian pieces, but nothing to really speak of, I would love to get a George Cross someday. I am by no means an expert on this. Merry Christmas to you as well.

Dan