News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This is part of a very sad story. Some years back I got an email from a guy down in Texas wanting to sell some orders his father had liberated after WWII. He told me that he had been trying for years to track the family down in order to return those pieces. Long story short - when I was just about to book my flight ticket to pick up all these goodies he called me told me that he was finally able to track the rightfull owner down, who just had picked everything up. True story :( Sad for me, but happy - I guess - for the actual family.

Who wants to guess the name of the family who's member picked it up?! I will show the reverse of the decorations after this riddle is solved.

Guest Rick Research

God! Look at the spares of those :love::love::love: Bavarian Crown, and St. Micahel Orders AND The W?ttemberg Crowns with Lions AND Second Empire Legions of Honor!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o:o:o

I guess that you can take comfort in the fact that ?All?s well that ends well?. :beer:

Unless

1) The folks that picked it up were ot really the family

2) They were family, but they sent it right on to Manions to turn it into money

3) The family did not REALLY pick it up, the guy who had the stuff was offered USD100 more by another collector and he jumped at the chance....

Well I can understand Chris,

But still it's very very sad to hear that such a wonderfull group has gone......

I'm wondering what all the orders are and who the receipment of those orders was.

First guess would be a lady, because of the Iron cross like thing with the geneva cross on it.

Kind regards,

Jacky

Medalnet,

A fantastic story to be sure, and incredible pieces (so early); looks like every one is before 1900. I guess that you can take comfort in the fact that ?All?s well that ends well?. :beer:

Indeed, all ended well. Everything is today in a family museum. The family belongs still to one of those "industrial" ones. Hence the golden Bavarian industrial medal.

But nobody guessed the actual name yet.

Unless

1) The folks that picked it up were ot really the family

2) They were family, but they sent it right on to Manions to turn it into money

3) The family did not REALLY pick it up, the guy who had the stuff was offered USD100 more by another collector and he jumped at the chance....

"GREETINGS & SALUTATIONS!" That is funny, someone claiming it from overseas because they see a crime of opportunity or the seller wanting more money or it ending up on Manions - that cracks me upp! Ha! Ha! Ha! :P

That's a really great group, wow ... :wacky:

Nope

No real idea which family, but may it be a medal producing one?! :rolleyes:

People who produce medals also get some ... ;)

I though for just a moment to own a matching photo, but the ribbons are a little different formed, at least the Bavarian one, and the Prussian is shorter:

Edited by saschaw