News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Fake jubilee medal?

I think it was not very successful try to restore the medal.

I have seen few medals in different places and in ifferent circumstances, which were corroded, due to the bad conditions of their storage.

For example, it may be lost somewhere in the village near the house, and then found and cleaned and restored by this way.

It is probably not a fake.

Or, someone tried to get trained to make fake medals and started with this one.

You need to know what metal it is made of.

If it's iron or similar hard-melting alloy, then it's not a fake. If it's made of tin or similar soft and easy-melting alloy, then it's fake.

Anyway, it's a garbage.

Is it heavy? Is it lead? Looking at it I'd go so far as to say that it was cast in some sort of plaster!

Maybe a kid somewhere was preparing a scholl project about medals and his dad decided to take a plaster cast (or make a lead cast) of a few medals for the project! Just an idea anyways :D

My dad always came up with bright ideas for my school projects when I was young ...... :rolleyes:

Jim

This might well be a "fake" made for the pre 1989 days, when there was a small, but very expensive russian/Soviet collecting market. Some of these were made in the UK and sold by dealers who also specialized in TR items.

"Antique Arms and militeria" I believe had a small article on these @ 1976 or so and Wallis and Wallis auctions also noted "cast" modern Soviet awards.