News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I wass just curious!!

f?r beide F?rstent?mer (Reu? ?.L. + Reu? j.L.) sind Verleihungslisten ?berliefert.

F?r Reu? ?.L.: Geheimes Kabinett Greiz, VIII Nr. 74c + 97a (ca. 200 Aufnahmen).

F?r Reu? j.L.: Ministerium Gera, Nr. 760, 762-764 (ca. 400 Aufnahmen).

Das Scannen aller Listen d?rfte Kosten in H?he von ca. 450,-- Euro verursachen. Die Listen sind aber kompliziert aufgebaut - ohne pers?nliche Inaugenscheinnahme d?rfte eine zweifelsfreie Zuordnung der Digitalisate schwierig werden. Wir empfehlen Ihnen auf alle F?lle einen Besuch in unserem Archiv,

Guest Rick Research

Yup. Daniel has an ever-growing route mapped out of Thuringian places which need a personal inspection this summer. :cheers:

Having suffered through Sachsen-Weimar's mess, I can just imagine Reuss being the same crazy loose sheets thrown in a box sort of thing. :speechless1:

Now if anyone wants to volunteer and go DO Reuss... please let us know. That will be one LESS to worry about.

It all comes down to too few people with not enough hours in the day and not enough money to buy copies of EVERYTHING for future eventual Rolls book sales.

Technically, what Daniel and I are doing now is clinically insane, since the HUGE effort in time versus the final eventual monetary return is literally slavery. :banger: But we want to do these rolls so that they ARE available forever afterwards. Being crazy is completely irrelevant to those results. :rolleyes::cheeky:

Guest Rick Research

What? You don't read nice clean modern German? Try Martin-Luther script! :P

They've got SOME rolls. The rolls are a mess. It's really really REALLY hard to read the scans, and better to drop in and look at 'em on site before shelling out 450 Euros and then going

:speechless1::speechless1::speechless1:

at the copied results.

:rolleyes:

This is actually quite nice of them to say up front. :beer: While ?250 is worth it for the complete Hanseatic rolls, twice that for what might be as useless as the Mecklenburg-Strelitz rolls makes having the archive's heads up a decent thing to do.

Great job, David! :jumping::cheers::cheers:

We should have a pinned thread with a list of all states' rolls, stating which have been published, will be published, found, not yet found, definitely destroyed, and so on.

great info!!!!! many thanks!!!

So, if anybody else will assist, let me know. Otherwise I plan anyway a tour to Thuringia next months for another "inspection" at Meiningen, and Gotha.

I know already that also th Schwarzburg rolls are still around.

Best regards

Daniel

great info!!!!! many thanks!!!

So, if anybody else will assist, let me know. Otherwise I plan anyway a tour to Thuringia next months for another "inspection" at Meiningen, and Gotha.

I know already that also th Schwarzburg rolls are still around.

Best regards

Daniel

I was in the archives in Meiningen a month or so ago, but I didn't have a chance to look around too much. Rick is wrong, by the way - Thuringia is much more beautiful in the winter than the summer, especially after a snowfall. It is the home of the Christmas tree, after all.