News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Do you have one in your collection to share, in color ? :cheers:

Oh no sir not me, I was just curious as to its size. I actually dont have anything in my collection one would consider to be Luftwaffe Equipment. Not yet anyways LOL. I wanna get a wooden arty box for my Arty mannequin. All the best, Jon

I've no clue if they used the fuel (Benzin) for cookers, most cookers I know operate on Espit fuel tabs.., think they're also visible in the first pic , no ?.., just behind the pan.

While a survival item, maybe they used it to make a fire ?

Think only matches will not work on a rainy day..

Just a thought..

Maybe the stuff in the pic is for bomber crew, I see 4 alu waterbottles.

Jos.

Edited by Jos Le Cont

• 1 month later...
    • 2 months later...

Why would it be in such a small bottle? Benzin if Im not mistaken means Gas in German correct? Or was it gas for the personal cooker? TIA and all the best, Jon

The fuel contained in the flasche was used for the cooker...see red arrow ;) !

• 5 months later...

I have had several of those cookeres. They are made by Gustav Barthel in Dresden. Early ones are made with a brass body. Later ones are steel. Some Waa marked. "ARARA" manufactured ones exist as well. (Might be late Bartel??.) They run on petrol and will ignite no matter how cold it is. I used one for extremely low temperatures when I was young and sporty. These cookers where also in use by alpine troopps. After ww2 Barthel made them at least for a while. I have seen post ww2 manufactured ones.

That stack of tins in the rear looks familiar. I might have something similar made in plated steel. A stack that has some kind of mechanism to lock it all. I will take a look when i am at the cottage next time. (When summer comes.) I have aways wondered what it was for. Mine have a lid on top if my memory still is intact to some extent.

Kind regards

Enigma

Edited by Enigma

• 4 weeks later...