Looking for a list of: Generalfeldmarschall August von Mackensen,

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gentlemen :beer:

as anybody got some information with regards: Generalfeldmarschall August von Mackensen, Medals and awards?

pictures appreciated.

Kevin in Deva :beer:

1914 Ranklist entry below. To these can be added:

• Prussia: Pour le M?rite (27.11.14)
  • Prussia: Oakleaves to Pour le M?rite (3.6.15)
  • Prussia: Order of the Black Eagle (9.9.15)
  • Prussia: 1914 Iron Cross 1st Class
  • Prussia: Grand Cross of the Iron Cross (9.1.17)
  • Prussia: Royal House Order of Hohenzollern, Grand Commander with Star and Swords (29.5.15)
  • Bavaria: Military Order of Max Joseph, Grand Cross (4.6.15)
  • Bavaria: Military Merit Order, Grand Cross with Swords (31.3.15)
  • Saxony: Military Order of St. Henry, Knight's Cross (6.12.15)
  • Saxony: Military Order of St. Henry, Commander's Cross 1st Class (6.12.15)
  • Saxe-Coburg-Gotha: Carl Eduard War Cross (26.4.17)
  • Waldeck: Merit Cross 1st Class with Swords (30.3.15)
  • Hohenzollern: Princely House Order of Hohenzollern, Honor Cross 1st Class with Swords (22.11.16)
  • Austria-Hungary: Military Order of Maria Theresa, Grand Cross (26.3.18)
  • Austria-Hungary: Order of Leopold, Grand Cross with War Decoration
  • Austria-Hungary: Diamonds to Military Merit Cross 1st Class with War Decoration (28.11.15)
  • Austria-Hungary: Military Merit Cross 1st Class with War Decoration (6.5.15)
I'm sure there's more. That's just from the lists I have.

Edited by Dave Danner

3. late WWI

More information in : Theo Schwarzm?ller " Zwischen Kaiser und F?hrer" Generalfeldmarschall August von Mackensen, eine politische Biografie; dtv 2001; ISBN 3-423-30823-0

Greetings, Komtur.

Edited by Komtur

Is it possible that the picture in Post #5 was taken at Kaiser Wilhelm's funeral? von Mackensen was a big supporter an monarchist and I have read he attended in full uniform.

He seems to have the same position of esteem as a von Richthofen, and Rommel.