News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Chris,

Unusual badges on it that is for sure, wrong configuration on his rank, and the low

position of the drivers patch on the sleeve too, any period photos of this tunic to

add at all...???

Bob

Hi Chris,

Unusual badges on it that is for sure, wrong configuration on his rank, and the low

position of the drivers patch on the sleeve too, any period photos of this tunic to

add at all...???

Bob

It is very unusual in that the ranking devices do not match the shoulder boards. I have some theories on it. One of them being that this was the uniform he kept at home for use while on leave. It seems to have been in the process of upgrading after a promotion, which was never completed.

I have a personal uniform in my closet with the same situation. I never seem to have the time to upgrade my ranking patches!

Chris,

If you still have the tunic, I would request some closer photos of the insignia and the area where the obergrefeiter chevrons were applied.

Paul has a theory that might be true, jacket didn't made it to the tailor, but on the other hand...

I've seen officers shoulderboards combined with NCO collar configuration.. and it was in era pics..

Not as a rule, but don't be surprised to find odd things during those days.

We always like it textbook, but Germans didn't care simply because they didn't collect TR, they just had it and used it.

I'm always happy to see non-textbook things, especially in era pics ...it's something that can't be ignored nor protected by the theories we or postwar books sometimes have.

Same with cloth badges, sometimes they're sewn completely on the wrong place..., but not as bad as re-enactors with Narvik shields sewn on their breast, I think some of these people really don't care as long as there're doughnuts and beer around.. :rolleyes:

Great set-up though..

Jos.

Edited by Jos Le Cont

Chris, everytime you post something from your ex-collection, I get agrieved that I didn't get into the WA site just that little bit earlier. So much good stuff gone to other collectors and not one piece to me !!!!!

Regards,

Pete

Ah, those halcyon days of bygone youth.......................

Edited by wood

Talking about non regulation, ... notice anything?

I have seen this a lot on LW members outside of Germany.

I am still trying to find the regulation on when the wear of the national insignia became required on the tunics for LW members outside Germany. I am guessing that these photos are pre 1941.

Paul,

the pictures are from my father, he is the only one with the breast eagle, on the back is written "Holland, September 1941"

Hardy

Edited by Naxos

Paul,

the pictures are from my father, he is the only one with the breast eagle, on the back is written "Holland, September 1941"

Hardy

Wow! That pushes the date back a little more. The photos I have are of Band members in Belgium in 1940.

Hi,

I no longer have the jacket (I traded it for a document for an air gunners badge with a black wreath). There was no other stuff with it when I got it, and it came out of the guys house as it is pictured (vis a vis the sewn on badges).

Best

Chris

Talking about non regulation, ... notice anything?

I have seen this a lot on LW members outside of Germany.

I am still trying to find the regulation on when the wear of the national insignia became required on the tunics for LW members outside Germany. I am guessing that these photos are pre 1941.

Paul,

Photographic evidence would seem to suggest that the Fliegerbluse was frequently worn without the eagle until about 1940. Popular opinion among some collectors I have spoken to would confirm that.

Does anyone have any references for the regulations on wear of the eagle?

David