News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Well that's what my missus thought it was when I pulled it out of the box :speechless:

Thanks to Toby for the quick delivery!

Anyway, this piece is quite a well known goblet and has been photographed and used in the excellent Ehrenpokal article by Francois.

It is complete with the original urkunde, both are to Unteroffizier Gerhard Glocke of 4./KG 27. He was a Bordmechaniker on I believe a Heinkel 111.

Gerhard was awarded the goblet on the 7.12.42(the date on the urkunde/goblet) and the date that appears on the Ehrenliste is 14.12.42, a common occurence I'm told.

On the 26.12.43 Gerhard became a holder of the German Cross in Gold.

I'm hoping to research some info on Glocke but am unsure where to start, if anyone has any ideas then please let me know :cheers:

Cheers

Dave

I?m away for a few days and return to find this absolutely superb set! Very nice, Dave. :beer::cheers:

Seeing that you have his name, rank and unit details, you should see if the ?Bundesarchiv? have his service record. It can take some time, and a few pennies, but would be well worth the effort.

I can e-mail you the appropriate addresses should you wish to go down that road.

In the meantime...a little background on 4./KG 27 ""Boelcke"

http://www.ww2.dk/air/kampf/kg27.htm

:cheers:

Superb Goblet and document Dave, a hearty congratulations on your new acquisition!! :beer:

ERIC

Thanks Eric :cheers:

I managed to bag the Honour Goblet Ehrenliste with Glocke on it today so all I need is the DKiG liste with him on and I'll be a happy bunny :)

Dave

Well that's what my missus thought it was when I pulled it out of the box :speechless:

Thanks to Toby for the quick delivery!

Anyway, this piece is quite a well known goblet and has been photographed and used in the excellent Ehrenpokal article by Francois.

It is complete with the original urkunde, both are to Unteroffizier Gerhard Glocke of 4./KG 27. He was a Bordmechaniker on I believe a Heinkel 111.

Gerhard was awarded the goblet on the 7.12.42(the date on the urkunde/goblet) and the date that appears on the Ehrenliste is 14.12.42, a common occurence I'm told.

On the 26.12.43 Gerhard became a holder of the German Cross in Gold.

I'm hoping to research some info on Glocke but am unsure where to start, if anyone has any ideas then please let me know :cheers:

Cheers

Dave

Looks very familiar even if your pics are better than mines (well 10+ years ago) and it was not only photographed, it was one of mines

Happy if it is in a good home and, please, enjoy it like I did - yup, really a good set

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

After a bit of digging around on the internet I managed to contact the Geschwader historian(KG 27) and he has been most helpful.

Herr Waiss sent me a copy of Glocke's page in the Geschwader archives.

Gerhard was from Neum?nster and enlisted in the Luftwaffe in September 1940, at first he was a member of the ground personnel but soon transferred to flying duties as a Bordmechaniker on Heinkel 111s. He spent his whole wartime career with 4./KG 27 Boelcke.

List of awards..

EKII 10.11.40

EKI 1.5.41

Frongflugspange in Bronze 1.6.41

=============Silver 13.9.41

=============Gold 12.7.42

Ehrenpokal 7.12.42

DKiG 26.12.43

and I think he was awarded the pendant to his gold flying clasp sometime in 1943, anybody make this out?...

His final rank obtained according to the archive was Feldwebel.

It seems his squadron service came to an end in January 1944, he wasn't killed but I'm not sure if he maybe transferred elsewhere or was captured. I know he was definitely captured by the Russians at some point but don't know the exact date, it's in his files that he procured some false documents and managed to escape using them.

I think the archives have copies of his citations...see below, does the word next to Urkunden say perhaps photocopy?

I'm hoping to obtain more information from Herr Waiss and if I do I will post here.

Dave

I managed to bag the Honour Goblet Ehrenliste with Glocke on it today so all I need is the DKiG liste with him on and I'll be a happy bunny :)

Dave

Here is Gerhard on the Ehrenpokal Honour list..