News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Schtumm! Schtummmmm!

Hi,

I have a photo of Max Neuenzeit with one X reverse than usual X on ribbon. He received the WMVO3 and WF3aX. Note that the WMVO3 is without green enameled. Very rare.

Regards

Christophe

Edited by Deruelle

Guest Rick Research

EXCELLENT photo!

This is a perfectly good ribbon bar in flawlessly correct precedence.. with the simple :speechless: error of having the swords mounted upside down. And they can not spin (I tried :unsure::blush: )-- they're permanently fixed into the deep pleated South German style mounting and have NOT been accidentally spun the way that can happen on a FLAT ribbon bar.

No way to tell what the plain dark blue long service is-- Polizei? R.A.D. ? The last two are certainly a Turkish War Medal and a never-had-a-device Liakat Medal in "foreign awards in the time order received" mode.

One of Freiherr von Massenbach's ribbon bars has the same error:

The last two are certainly a Turkish War Medal and a never-had-a-device Liakat Medal in "foreign awards in the time order received" mode.

Are you certain? I'd prefer Third Reich Feuerwehr-Ehrenzeichen, and the last might be Liyakat, OR might be Bavarian jubilee medal ...

This is in my humble opinion definitely not a ribbon for Ottoman war medal ... :ninja:

Wasn't it also used, especially in Saxony, to have decorations (orders) with the swords pointing downwards in order to indicate that their country has lost a war?? But I also tend to agree that these were mistakes which occured quite often!

Ciao,

Claudio

Wasn't it also used, especially in Saxony, to have decorations (orders) with the swords pointing downwards in order to indicate that their country has lost a war?? But I also tend to agree that these were mistakes which occured quite often!

Sure this was done, but in this case: NO! It is a WW II bar, from a time when "we" still thought and hoped to win, and noone was allowed to say (or think) something else ... :rolleyes:

Guest Rick Research

No, it's not the Feuerwehr-- hard to tell with the folds, but it is narrow dull red, white, wide dull red, white, narrow red. The only thing that makes sense there is the TWM.

Feuerwehr =

(I wonder if this poor guy was at Dresden! :speechless1: )