News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My 60th Iron Cross L/57 EK2

This just arrived. It's my 60th Iron Cross. I paid a bit more than normal for this one but I figured you don't see them much. It's marked L/57 clearly on the ring. This piece has a pretty unique look. The core is a matte black, and the beading almost has a golden hue to it that doesn't show as much in the pictures. It has the demensions of a TR period cross. You don't see too many L marked EK2's from either the 1914 or 1939 series, so I'm glad I got this one. Do you even see the maker L/57 that much at all? What does everyone think?

Edited by Steve campbell

Hi steve, nice cross, I would say that from the frosting which appears to be on the beading, it may well be TR made, the beading does have a TR look to it also. Nice to see one not made by S & L. L/57 would be Boerger & Co of Berlin.

Thanks for showing us.

regards

Alex

This just arrived. It's my 60th Iron Cross. I paid a bit more than normal for this one but I figured you don't see them much. It's marked L/57 clearly on the ring. This piece has a pretty unique look. The core is a matte black, and the beading almost has a golden hue to it that doesn't show as much in the pictures. It has the demensions of a TR period cross. You don't see too many L marked EK2's from either the 1914 or 1939 series, so I'm glad I got this one. Do you even see the maker L/57 that much at all? What does everyone think?

Hi,Steve!

I like this!! Ek'GOD,Steve !! :cheers::cheeky:

Steve,

I have to agree with Alex as well as yourself in determining TR manufacture and that one is a true beauty! The frosting and mint core that one exhibits, warrants front of the medal case attention.

Regards,

Joel

The photos don't do it justice. In hand it looks even better. Like a said the beading has taken on almost a golden hue to it. I loved it when it tumbled out of the envelope. I went for it for the maker's mark really, but after I got it it was so much more.

It's in pretty good shape. I find digital cameras can make items seem even worse than they are. The history of the cross may tell why it's in such good shape. It was obviously purchased many years after WW1 so maybe the veteran passed on before he could wear it much, or perhaps after WW2 the chance or place to wear any military medals were limited and it was just put away.