News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Well Gents,

This small collection of Reuss related awards arrived this week. Some seen before, in fact one bar that was purchased for a certain cigar smoking friend of mine from the USA from over here in the UK. It's now returned after almost 2 years. To go with the bars are the cased awards of the Ruess Merit Medal, with swords and without.

A steady build up of these lovely awards for my collection.

First the NC bar thats been seen here before.

Hi,

Really nice bars with awards not seen too often mounted. Excellent bar in post #5, beautiful patina on the Reuss Merit Medal.

Regards,

Sam

I agree. One of the few state awards on a bar that has eluded me thus far...

Edited by dond

Again thanks for your comments gents.

Ulsterman, the patina on #5 is just superb, nice tight stiching and a lovely finish to the construction of the bar.

Stogie, thought you would like the NC bar, what a journey it's had from the UK, then around the US till it returned here. It's travels have stopped now, as this is where it will remain for a good few years.

Here's my Ruess Silver Merit Medal with Swords. I haven't had it a long time and I'm not sure how common/rare they are.

Ruess Honor Cross 4th Class with Swords. I never could find a 3rd or 2nd class.

I thought the 3rd had enamel arms.

That would be 2nd Class.

1st Class: all enamel, neck badge

2nd Class: all enamel, breast badge

Officer's Cross: all enamel, no rays between the arms, pinback badge

3rd Class: enamel center medallion

4th Class: no enamel, no rays between the arms