News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I've seen it's machine sewn insignia but it's really strange to see it on a prewar drill tunic.

Anyway, it's a nice one.

Thanks Guys.

I will take more images tomorrow. I will post a scan of the stitching behind the eagle. The collar liner buttons are the metal dish type and are painted white. The front buttons seem to be a cream colored glass type, similar to those seen on the Fliegerbluses. I will make more images of those as well. I am surprised that there were no LBA stamps though.

Paul;

very nice find!

The stamp says: WIRTSCHAFTSAMT LITZMANNSTADT (a known LBA supplier)

translates to something like: Office for Economic Affairs in Litzmannstadt (Lodz, Poland)

Regards, Hardy

Edited by Naxos

Paul;

very nice find!

The stamp says: WIRTSCHAFTSAMT LITZMANNSTADT (a known LBA supplier)

translates to something like: Office for Economic Affairs in Litzmannstadt (Lodz, Poland)

Regards, Hardy

Thanks Hardy. Werner says that the tunic is prewar. How can this be the case if it marked in Lodz Poland?

I've seen it's machine sewn insignia but it's really strange to see it on a prewar drill tunic.

Anyway, it's a nice one.

Not a pre war tunic. Litzmannstadt 1942. Factory applied insignia is correct.

Hardy

Paul,

The stamp is indicating the garment passed through the armed forces clothing depot in Litzmannstadt.

It seems they were produced until 1942 or 1943.

Ron

Thanks guys. I understand now. Thank you! :cheers:

Hardy,

They all look so young!! Thank you for sharing the photograph!! Please do keep them coming!

Steiner,

So the tunic originated from you? This is a small world! Do you have any other history on it?

Paul

Hardy,

They all look so young!! Thank you for sharing the photograph!! Please do keep them coming!

Steiner,

So the tunic originated from you? This is a small world! Do you have any other history on it?

Paul

Sorry Paul

No more info I got it from Fred and sold it back to him.

Steiner

• 3 weeks later...