News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Paul

Wow, that's a great tunic. You really have a great tunic collection. :love: I am not an expert, when it comes to trying to find out if it is RLM or construction, so I am going to ask a question instead. If the tunic is RLM, shouldn't there have been the gothic RLM letters on the shoalder boards? Congratulations with the purchase of a wonderful tunic. :beer:

All the best

Snoopy

Paul;

Verkaufsabteilung der Luftwaffe = sales division of the Luftwaffe.

Hardy

Thanks Hardy. The reason I was thinking that tailor's label could be a hint is the location itself. I wonder if there were any construction units in Berlin?

I have not seen this label before. I did not know that the government actually made Officer grade uniforms.

Snoopy,

Thank you for the kind words!! I love the obscure stuff!! I think that there were periods when the RLM ciphers were and were not worn. I will have to hit the books on that one!

Hello Paul

I have found information about the metal RLM letters, on page 132 and 134, in volume one of Uniforms and insignia of the Luftwaffe. They are allso mentioned on page 61 in volume two. I hope you have these books.

All the best

Snoopy

Hardy,

Thank you for the link. IT looks like a beautiful tunic. I will write to him to ask about obtaining a photograph of that tag. I wonder if this tag changed designs during the war. The HG tunic linked is badged with the 01Jan43-30Mar43 insignia configuration. This would be a decent reference point!

Snoopy,

I do have those references. I will take a look at them shortly. Thank you!

nesredep,

The holster is marked and dated. I can shoot you that info via PM if you would like. I dont know about the buckle. I thought that the SA used brown leather.

Regards

Paul

Hello Paul

I have found information about the metal RLM letters, on page 132 and 134, in volume one of Uniforms and insignia of the Luftwaffe. They are allso mentioned on page 61 in volume two. I hope you have these books.

All the best

Snoopy

The page numbers are not matching what I have in my books. Are you sure that the pages are correct?

Hello Paul

I have double checked my books, and the pages I found, is correct for my books. The information about the RLM insignia starts at the bottom of page 132, and continues on page 134, in volume one. My books are early editions, so perhaps there might have been some changes to later editions. You will find the information in the chapter "Badges and accoutrements", under "Shoulder strap insignia".

All the best

Snoopy

Hi Rich,

This is the one I sold the fliegerbluse for. It was a tough decision, but I am a "tuchrock man" anyway.

I have never seen or heard of a black piped tunic of this rank before.

Regards

Paul

Looks really good Paul!! From a display standpoint it looks just a little squished though, perhaps if you could get that half mannequin up a little and then pull the rest of the tunic down! All the best, Jon

Hey Jon,

The tunic is too small for the two half manniquins I have now. The tunic is stuffed with a pillow, for a temporary form for the photo!

Regards

Paul