News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Glory Order 2 class

Hello,

please post your thoughts about this Glory 2nd class medal.

Doesn't look good. The number puts it as a version 2. Critical factor is the missing berry on the left hand wreath there should be 5, instead on this one there is 4 which is one sign of a Glory fake.

Brendan

I love this collecting business!

When I told seller that medal is a fake and I wanted to return it, his response was:

"I still do believe that it is genuine, because I`ve paid 350,- Euros for it in 2003 !"

This is priceless!

When I told seller that medal is a fake and I wanted to return it, his response was:

"

I still do believe that it is genuine, because I`ve paid 350,- Euros for it in 2003 !"

This is priceless!

Yes, definitely a weighty argument to justify genuineness :speechless:

Marc

Why should he, since he knows that his order is genuine given the price he then paid (what a flawless logic!)?

Marc

I paid $650 for a fake screwback ORB 2 years ago. I'll let it go for what I paid for it since, by this definition, it must be real. Any takers? That would be a bargain...if paying a lot for a fake made it real that is.

"

I still do believe that it is genuine, because I`ve paid 350,- Euros for it in 2003 !"

This is priceless!

So after pointing out all the negative attributes, which show it to be a non genuine article, are you getting your money back? Obviously this person has no idea about fakes, or maybe he does know and tried to pass it off as genuine :rolleyes: Maybe the creed is greed :unsure:

Brendan

Brendan

He absolutely refused to accept the return and went furious when I told him I'd like the refund. :violent:

I hope PayPal will help with the refund.

That proves it was fake, if he was sure it was genuine he would give the refund and easily sell it again.

So what have we learned? :shame: before buying high end orders ask for advice, we are here to help :D

Brendan

He absolutely refused to accept the return and went furious when I told him I'd like the refund. :violent:

I hope PayPal will help with the refund.

Guys,

As a community, shouldn't we make publicly known to others who this wonderful dealer with such an efficient return policy is?

Marc

Guys,

As a community, shouldn't we make publicly known to others who this wonderful dealer with such an efficient return policy is?

Marc

Agree, Agree, lets out the fiend! :violent:

Here's the name of the seller:

Jens Zander from Germany (he goes by "held_der_su" on eBay).

If you decide to deal with this individual - do not ever send him cash or bank transfer as he insists! Use PayPal/CreditCard instead.

Bought for 350 euro in 2003, really? :rolleyes:

Here's the original auction of this order. It sold for 251 euro on 15 March 2008:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=260218407052

highfive,

PayPal will definitely help you recover your money, as long as you meet several conditions.

1. Regardless of whether the seller stated "no refunds", you will receive a refund if the item is "substantially not as described". In other words, as long as he stated that it was original or authentic and you can prove that it is not, he will be required to return your funds. If he has PayPal's $2,000 protection (which he does) and refuses, PayPal will give you up to $2,000 out of their pocket! However, (for others out there reading this) If you assumed the item was original, but did not say so in so many words, you are out of luck.

2. You must file a dispute claim with payPal within a certain time limit. Hopefully, you are still within that limit, or you are out of luck.

3. They will require written documentation from a recognized authority or respected dealer, etc, to back up your claim of a fake. This is not hard if it really is fake. Go to sovietauthentications.com and Alexei will help you. (Right now he is on vacation until May 10)

Just a suggestion for everyone....Do NOT bid on Ebay items unless seller has $2,000 buyer protection..... pay only with PayPal, they will protect you.... make sure the seller says "original or authentic" in writing.... file a dispute promptly.

Steve

Here's the name of the seller:

Jens Zander from Germany (he goes by "held_der_su" on eBay).

If you decide to deal with this individual - do not ever send him cash or bank transfer as he insists! Use PayPal/CreditCard instead.

Highfive,

I had a look at the auction in which you won this award. Man, if you bought it based only on the pictures the seller provided, for sure you like playing Russian roulette :speechless:

Marc

highfive,

PayPal will definitely help you recover your money, as long as you meet several conditions.

1. Regardless of whether the seller stated "no refunds", you will receive a refund if the item is "substantially not as described". In other words, as long as he stated that it was original or authentic and you can prove that it is not, he will be required to return your funds. If he has PayPal's $2,000 protection (which he does) and refuses, PayPal will give you up to $2,000 out of their pocket! However, (for others out there reading this) If you assumed the item was original, but did not say so in so many words, you are out of luck.

2. You must file a dispute claim with payPal within a certain time limit. Hopefully, you are still within that limit, or you are out of luck.

3. They will require written documentation from a recognized authority or respected dealer, etc, to back up your claim of a fake. This is not hard if it really is fake. Go to sovietauthentications.com and Alexei will help you. (Right now he is on vacation until May 10)

Just a suggestion for everyone....Do NOT bid on Ebay items unless seller has $2,000 buyer protection..... pay only with PayPal, they will protect you.... make sure the seller says "original or authentic" in writing.... file a dispute promptly.

Steve

Gentlemen: I?ve noticed that a higher proprotion of sellers at eBay.de, don?t have PayPal and insist in Bank transference, that, as you know leave you totally unprotected and make much more difficult to enforce your money devolution. :banger:

I remind that the only time I have a problem in ebay was with a geman seller that never send me an EK 1class I?ve bought (and payed by Int.Money Order). eBay can?t do nothing to the respect...Of course I?m not saying that the bulk of german sellers are more "thieves" that the rest but that their relative preference by don?t use PayPal leave the buyer more defenceless...

Regards

Miguel

Highfive,

I had a look at the auction in which you won this award. Man, if you bought it based only on the pictures the seller provided, for sure you like playing Russian roulette :speechless:

Marc

I know, I must have got too excited.

Definitely a lesson for me.