News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgarian Military Excellence Badges

My understanding is these were awrded for excelling in the concentration area. So far, I have seen Infantry & Artillery. Were there others?

Stogieman,

I am not certain that this is for "Excellent Infantry" as you state. On the badge, it is written "Excellent Shooter".

Marc

My understanding is these were awrded for excelling in the concentration area. So far, I have seen Infantry & Artillery. Were there others?

Hallo Stogieman, :cheers:

Badge 1:-

More than likely an early* post WW" Skill At Arms Award for proficiency with Rifle, S.M.G., M.G., and Grenade.

Now the question would be is the same badge given for a PASS with just one of the weapons,

or had the soldier to qualify on all the weapons.

* I think early as all the weapons featured are WW2 vintage and the badge has quality construction.

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Stogie:

According to Reimer (a source I trust, but very much would like to verify if you know what I mean), pp. 143, the above badges are early "Excellent Infantry and "Excellent artillerist" badges-similar to the expertise badges the Russians had. Later the Bulgarians went to a Russian style shield system with similar "excellence" areas (supply/baking? etc.).

Edited by Ulsterman

Stogieman,

The cyrillic writing on your badge would be Otlichnik when transliterated. A word you often see asociated with Russian type militaria but I can not remember what it means

Ulsterman,

What is the name of the Reimer book you referred to? Always looking to add reference material to my library.

Regards,

Gordon

Stogieman,

The cyrillic writing on your badge would be Otlichnik when transliterated. A word you often see asociated with Russian type militaria but I can not remember what it means

Ulsterman,

What is the name of the Reimer book you referred to? Always looking to add reference material to my library.

Regards,

Gordon

Bulgarian Badges:Witnesses of History by Dietrich E. Riemer :BM Trade, Sofia, 2007

We will test reading skills when it arrives.... there seems to be much hand-writing on this one!

I read it even now :rolleyes: If you want, can tell you what it is? Or you want to try yourself first? :cheers:

• 9 months later...

Seems a good place to tuck this... Paper & badge together. Is "People's Shooter" really the translation? Theodor, I'm sorry I missed your post, I have been away for awhile. I would love a translation on the document that goes with the artillery badge!

The People's Shooter, Second Class:

No problems, but it's all about eyes :rolleyes: Smth like that:

Structure and functions principles

Structure of the eye

Main points of the stereoscopic viewing

Parallax angles

Stereoscopic........

.....of the stereoscopic viewing, cases of.... effects