News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Odulf,

Thank you for sharing those wonderful photographs! It is amazing how young the Beamte is in photo number four, of your series! I also like the Feldpost Officials portrait as well!

My dad became a Stabsintendant in August, 1944. The only photos I have of him after June 1944 were taken as a POW in 1947. Unfortunately they are black and white. I guess his Waffenfarbe would have been blue (he was a paymaster) but there are no devices on his boards. Were these devices readily available to men in the field after August, 1944? I would think that uniform items would be way down on the supply chain!

Arnim

Edited by Arnim

My dad became a Stabsintendant in August, 1944. The only photos I have of him after June 1944 were taken as a POW in 1947. Unfortunately they are black and white. I guess his Waffenfarbe would have been blue (he was a paymaster) but there are no devices on his boards. Were these devices readily available to men in the field after August, 1944? I would think that uniform items would be way down on the supply chain!

Arnim

As a classic Beamte his Waffenfarbe would have been HV Dark Green, his Nebenfarbe would have been White. Chances are at that time of the war he had switched over to the TSD (which would acount for your thinking his Waffenfarbe was blue) with the TSD device.

Also many thanks for posting the photo's :cheers:

Yes, I have his TSD orders. He shipped out to France in late August, 1944. The last photo I have of him before that was taken on 3 June and he has the HV insignia in that one and his orders transferring him to France still referred to his Beamte rank. His 1947 photo has no white on the Lizen or Klappen and no mercury device either. Do you think the Waffenfarbe was blue or green? Dad was at Dunkik from late August 1944 to June 1945. The city was never captured.

Arnim

Edited by Arnim

My parents: wedding photo was taken 3 June 1944, in Berlin.

I had trouble posting a large enough photo. Dad's Litzen do not have the white trim on the edges but the shoulder boards have the HV devices and look like the ones in his 1943 portrait. When did the Litzen change?

Arnim

Edited by Arnim

• 5 weeks later...

I may add to the previous, that at the end of the war, when supplies beame tight, Beamter shoulderboards were also used as issue issue to the troops. The green cords were removed, and the HV monogram, but the underlays remained. So when you come across a shoulderboard with a green underlayer and white Waffenfarbe, don't toss it aside, it may well be one of these late issues to an Infantry Lieutenant (former Zahlmeister).

Unfortunately, I have no photographs to back-up this story, but I have had some of these in hand from undisputed sources.

Edited by Odulf

• 4 months later...

Arnim,

Thank you for sharing those great photos of your grandfather. They do illustrate a lot about the beamte uniforms. I am glad to hear that he survived the war in good shape. How did he say the french treated him?

Roman,

The shoulder board is for a medical officer with the SHD and/or LSW. THese were air raid search and rescue personnel and early air raid warning personnel. I love to have that in my collection.